what colour guppies have u seen?

teknikz

Fish Addict
Reaction score
right........what colour guppies have u seen?

wondering if a new colour strain can be made

and colour can be made, it depends on wether you mean cross breeding or ginetic modification?

not genetics.......just cross breeding.....what have u se3en so far?

theres some colours ive not seen

i only seen one albino guppie, i seen pure black ones, but mainly i seen and have these tiny ones with spots of green black and red.

hmmmm, tons. seen one that was a gorgeous charcola gray, gray blue, neon green, neon yellow, orange, a combo or yellow and orange (like a sunset on its tail), purple, pink, blue, green. thats it around here anyway.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....see ive never seen an orange 1 b4......and 1 of my fry is bright orange......was wondering if they already existed

the solid orange ones were in the with sunset ones, so they may have been younger or something and jsut hadn't gotten all the color. they were so pretty though. only two left at the lfs. i'm hoping to set up a guppy tank after the new year (if i get the tank i asked for), and would like to buy the pair if they haven't been scooped up by then. and the charcoal gray ones look sooooo elegant.

Hi teknikz,

Todays guppies are nothing at all like natural guppies. They are hugh and come in some very nice colors, but the designs and patterns cannot compare with what nature endowed them with. They are also weak and prone to disease. :sad:

It would be a real challenge if you could find some natural guppies and try to breed for specific patterns. :D

______
P.S. Didn't you have corys, too? Have they ever spawned? :unsure:

I have seen purple guppies. The ones I saw were almost completely black with a bright purple tail. Rather striking looking. Most of the guppies I have seen are either yellow/orange mix like a sunset or a orangish red with black spots. I haven't seen much outside that usually.

I have one tiny guppie that is clear,green and orange with 3 distinct black polkadots on one side and 2 black polkadots on the other.A black stripe down the very top of her tail and a metallic wave of blue going from her body to her tail.I rescued her from the feeder fish tank at my LFS.She was just to pretty to die :D

the orange 1 i got has lots of different colours on the body but the fins and tail are really bright porange..............she's lovely

I have orange, yellow, dark blue and red. I think the light blue ones at my lps are too cute! :wub: The Green snakeskin guppies there are very cool. I have seen about ever color, but I have never seen a purple one, I really want one!!! ;)

Most reactions

Back