What Can I Keep Under These Lights?

AQUAKING

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
There is a set of 2 T5s and a starter in my LFS for £50 which i thought was decent deal. They are 2 39watt tubes. My tank is about 15" high. Would I be able to keep soft corals alive and well with these? I only want some mushrooms, (i think they are called) zoas and some macro algaes.

thanks

Also, what are some good name brands for powerheads?

thanks

good power heads are Aquaclear. Get a Quickfilter attachment for it and replace the white filter insert with a sponge from an internal power filter.
Tunze do programmable pumps that are great for coral taks but they are expensive.

how many gallons are we talking about? after a few tank details we might be pin down a few good pumps for you...
Ter

Hi, its about 40" x 12" x 15" LWH

thanks for the replys

Yes, you could keep softies under those lights and that shallow depth. Don't try hard corals though, you're not likely to succeed with them. I always reccomend Hydor Koralia or Tunze pumps for your flow. Your tank is probably ~40 gal capacity so I'd look at 800gph worth of flow

I have both hydor and tunze in my reef tank now and I'd have to say the hydor is my favorite. It seems to spread the flow out better as well as have a better design in terms of movement. I do love my tunze turbelle though!

Most reactions

Back