What are you doing today?

I bought a meat grinder off Amazon a few years back. I like a 3:1 mix of sirloin and brisket in my burger. By grinding the beef myself I can cook to rare or medium rare without worrying about Salmonella. 85/15 meat to fat ratio is the way to go.
A grinder is about the only thing I'm missing. I have a 5 quart and 2 gallon crock pot, indoor grill/rotisserie, gallon capacity deep fryer and a slicer among other odds and ends such as a food processor.

Once again, floods hit the southern region of Brazil. El Niño is still here. The cold front is paralyzed in these states because there is an atmospheric blocking just in the region where I live, in the Southeast. Brazil's poor (or absent) infrastructure frequently worsens the situation, despite the country not having hurricanes, earthquakes, or blizzards. Tornadoes are uncommon and usually concentrated in the southern regions of the country, being frequently weak ones. Several people across the country are helping with donations by money transferring (do you know Pix?) and there are still people being rescued, even by other states (in my case, São Paulo), with firefighters and police officers.

Yesterday, I bought a thermometer. This is because I suspect the abnormally hot days are killing my brine shrimp. Since my dog decided to pull out the shade cloth, I noted more dead artemia since the direct sun was beating down on the bucket. Today, the temperature reached about 95 ºF... I bought another shade of cloth, this time having a 65 %, instead of 50 %.

Going to drop off a friend's birthday present. I made a mystery box of lots of little gifts all in the theme of one of said friend's fave animals. Next year it'll be all gardening stuff.

Most reactions

Back