What Are Aquaone Tanks Like?

Raticataticus

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just wondering what your thoughts are on AquaOne tanks - the larger ones i.e. 300L/4ft or bigger?

I really want to get one because I like the type of filtration that is built into the top of the tank. 

Are these tanks/type of filtration suited to larger cichlids? I am wanting to keep something like a Severum, Texas, Jack Dempsey (not sure yet, but something around that size.)

I have a 2 foot aquaone tank and I know someon who keeps African cichlids in a 3 foot aquaone. The filters and lights work properly and the fish seem content.

Many i know tend to run canisters on them......

I started out with AquaOne, and still have one, albeit that mine have always been smaller tanks.

In my smaller tank, I have had to drill extra holes in the filter outflow in order to have sufficient capacity, otherwise the filter overflows. This had a knock-on effect in that some of the overflow got between the lid and the body, and started leaking down the side of the tank, giving me a puddle on the cupboard top. Even on my other AquaOne tank, where I didn't have that problem, I still wasn't a huge fan of the filtration.

I have found the lighting quite restrictive. The whole filtration/lighting setup is exacly the same as used in a tank double the size - fair enough, it saves them money on the design. However, because the light is exactly the same as that for a larger tank, it puts the light intensity into the realms of high-tech, making it much more difficult to get the balance to prevent algae. I have looked into (though not very hard) alternative lighting for it, but not found anything to suit.

AquaOne are good tanks for beginners, IMHO, in that everything is set up for you, but you just need to be aware of the lighting intensity.

I have the 620t which is 130l and I love it.

Most reactions

Back