What Am I?

Frank the Tank

Reaction score
ok got a few pics of some fish which i am not 100% what they are, the reason for this is that they were freebies (scooped up by mistake) whilst i was buying other fish.sorry for rubbish pics but none of them stay still for long enough :|

first wee guy was in a tank with balloon mollies in lfs, naturally i would assume he was also ballon molly but he looks like a platy or normal molly?
20120509_070355.jpg

Orange.jpg

second was also in a tank with balloon mollies in lfs, i can see he's a boy but not sure what kinda fish, maybe he is too young and now developed a big belly yet

Black1.jpg

lastly this one was found in my own tank (fish on right), the only livebearers i have are balloon mollies and variatus platy so naturally i would assumed he is one or the other but he looks like neither... oh the one on left is defo balloon molly

Mixed.jpg

the top ones look like platies or barbs of some sort and the bottom ones could be mollies or platies. they are both livebearers.

the top two both look like balloon mollies, just not very ballooned. not sure about the young one its to small to tell.

The top pic and 2nd pic looks like a sailfin molly. They usually have mollies and balloon mollies in the same tank.
In the last pic, the one on the right looks like a baby platy. It looks at least a few weeks old. Mines looked like that at a few weeks old! How long have you had your platies? I could be wrong if you only have male platies lol.

The top pic and 2nd pic looks like a sailfin molly. They usually have mollies and balloon mollies in the same tank.
In the last pic, the one on the right looks like a baby platy. It looks at least a few weeks old. Mines looked like that at a few weeks old! How long have you had your platies? I could be wrong if you only have male platies lol.

sailfin molly for first one looks like a good shout, either way the first one and wee black one are defo both male, the frisky wee buggers never leave the 2 female baloon mollies alone

the small one on right is probably a platy, i have 2 female and 1 male platy, i've just never seen them that young and obviously not developed any color yet

sailfin molly for first one looks like a good shout, either way the first one and wee black one are defo both male, the frisky wee buggers never leave the 2 female baloon mollies alone

the small one on right is probably a platy, i have 2 female and 1 male platy, i've just never seen them that young and obviously not developed any color yet

Omg did I actually get something right? lol there's a first for everything! :p
The sailfin is lovely, light body and dark fins-striking contrast! When I had platies, I found a baby in my tank and that's what it looked like. He's about 3 months old now and silver with black fins.
Keep us updated on the fry, it would be interesting to see how it turns out! I love seeing what fry turn out like.
I have guppy fry, they are 8 weeks old and 6 of them were rehomed today. I have 2 that I kept. One male that I kept just because of his brilliant red tail and fins already at that age! My baby platy had no colour for ages!

Most reactions

Back