What A Nest!

betta fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My crowntail Frank is forever building bubblenests! it took him little over an hour to produce this offering:

DSC01547.jpg

he could quite happily fill the whole surface of his tank with bubbles and spends ages staring at them and making sure they are just right :hyper:

maybe he is a gay hahah :lol:

:crazy: well to be fair he is a father now :lol:
Males also build to show off to other males, the bigger the nest the more likely he will be the one getting the girls :lol: the male on the other side doesn't even attempt to build anymore I guess he knows there's no competition! though he is an old timer :look:

wow, thats a beauty. Hes a good boy. Hows the fry going from his spawn?

James

Hi James, still some about, I counted 8 the other day but only 3 today :sad: there are probably a few more than that I'll try and do a proper head count at the weekend! how are your fry going?

maybe he is a gay hahah :lol:

:crazy: well to be fair he is a father now :lol:
Males also build to show off to other males, the bigger the nest the more likely he will be the one getting the girls :lol: the male on the other side doesn't even attempt to build anymore I guess he knows there's no competition! though he is an old timer :look:

makes sense, give the female to the other one see how big he make them then lol

James

Hi James, still some about, I counted 8 the other day but only 3 today :sad: there are probably a few more than that I'll try and do a proper head count at the weekend! how are your fry going?

Mine are doing good so far, im really pleased. I know what you mean with the counting, it is very hard. One day you'll see 3, then 10, and then 3 again. I think I have about 10-15 fry so Im quite pleased atm but I know the real challenge is getting them to adulthood.
Good luck with yours!

James

wow! that is truly impressive!!! perhaps the largest ive seen!
great job fishy!
cheers

Betta looks the double of mine, and his nest is about double the size of the biggest mine made. so he's clearly not trying har enough lol

James

Mine are doing good so far, im really pleased. I know what you mean with the counting, it is very hard. One day you'll see 3, then 10, and then 3 again. I think I have about 10-15 fry so Im quite pleased atm but I know the real challenge is getting them to adulthood.
Good luck with yours!

James

Just to add, did my official head count today and managed to jar 18!!! think there are a couple more in the tank so make that around 20! in which case James you probably have 50 or so... :lol: :crazy:

Most reactions

Back