What A Deal :d Synodontis Multi For 8 Pounds.. (hybrid Tho )

matchstickman47

Fish Herder
Reaction score
yayeee

i was walking around the fish shop today (helping inlaws with goldfish)
and i saw (i'll admit sligthly hybrid) synomultie for 8 quid... the one i picked out tho wasnt a hybrid it was quite clearly a pur bred fish ... ill try get a pic later .. haha i just screwed the fs for about 22 quid of very rare meat :D (im not eating it) its soo nice ... very tiny tho about 1 inch .... i am so pleased witht his deal :D just thort id say.... now my gang of 5 synos is complete. i cant believe they could label the fish. it was so obviously multis one was a petricola tho .. but mine is awesome :d:D:d:D:d:D

awww brilliant find =] congrats!

we have a multi in for £15 fairly large to!

although if i could ask what is the difference between pures and hybrids?? =] hehe thanks

pure bred will have black tail fins and black dorsal fins... they will be very light in colour ... with black splodges and only get to 6 inches max

hybrids will get over 7 inches, be greyish in colour have spotty fins tail and dorsal fins and some even apear brownish ....
tbh i dont mind hybrids... i have a realy nice lookin one with spotty fins but hes completely white as oposed to the greyish one ... usualy pure bred synomulti adults sell for anything from 20 pounds to 35 pounds ... depends on if they are pure or not

i have 3 pure ones 1 slighly hybrid one and one mixed up hybrid ... but they are all lovely :D

thanks =D

its a pure in work then hehe =] we did have 5 and they were going for £100 for them all, but right now its £15 as its the last one left!

I really want him now!

haha ive got 5 in my big african tank now ... they love rock mountian... they are so fun to watch at night :D

i got me a wild caught syno multipunctatus on thurseday, slightly over 4 inch, £20, its a gorgeous fish. got a few pics of it in the bag when i got it in the members pics area.
very nice fish and lively during the day unlike other syno's.
the lfs didn't order it, it was just sent by the wholesaler to 'fill the box' so to speak, it was gonna be up for around £30 but i said i would just take it straight away so he didn't have to bother taking it out of the bag and then bagging it up again for me, so he said £20, more or less just to make his money back.
very happy with it, still a bit of a fussy eater, as with all wild caught fish.

Dave

awesome !

they r well popular

if you tank is big enought i suggest you get a few more.. they are so much more active in groups and are more fun to watch

bit expensive tho .. ive spent over 100 pounds on this type of fish over time :D

yeah i get ya, beautiful fish. but if i was to order a multi in specially for me, then the wild caught ones would cost me at least £30, i got this one last minute and just couldn't leave it at the lfs! he does have a few tank bred multis at about an inch for about £10 and also some called multipunctatus sp. yellow fin, only about an inch,for £10, no yellow on them but would like to grow some on to see their mature colouration!
1" petricola are about £7.50, and a few 1" s. granulosus left for £10 and these are about £150 at 5-6 inch! i have just the one as im not sure if it is a hybrid until it matures a bit!

DAVE

mhm i picked up 2 for 14 quid once... not even hybrid ... just realy small ... tank bred but that just means they are used toit :D
i seriously think you should have a lok around for more :p

i wouldn't have to look lol, the wholesaler has a tank of wild multis, its just paying maybe over £30 for them thats stopping me!
im in the process of getting everything together for a stingray tank so most of my cash goes towards that!

Dave

Can I ask which shop you got the syno from?

i got 2 realy nice hybrids (in the pics) for 14 pounds for the pair in st ablbans' brach off maidenhead aquatics .
i got the other new little guy (the 8 pound one) at wildwoods its a proper hybrid fishy... but it looks nice so i luv it just the same

i also got 2 pure breeds for 2 for 30 pounds
about 2 inches long
and that completes my set of five :D
sorry bout picture quality.. catfish are amoung the hardest fish to photo
no pics of newbie or the pure breeds yet but ill try get some

:D

Attachments

• fish_1.jpg
    fish_1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 54
  • fish_2.jpg
    fish_2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 51
they have 3 or 4 pure bred multi's at maidenhead aquatics near me, im aways there and get good deals. might see how much he wants for them, they are about 6 inch at least,. bet i could get 3 for £45 or 4 for £60!
will see next time i go.

Most reactions

Back