Whale Fish

RopefishManiac

Reaction score
I've heard about these fish. They're called Whale Fish. Has anyone head of them? I guess they're pretty rare. Can someone give me a good picture or two of one? It would be greatly appreciated. :)

Do you mean whale sharks?
-.-

its called a baby whale, and not really whale fish

baby_whale.jpg

baby_whale1.jpg

Are you talking about Whale Catfish. Smallish blue with small eyes and round nose

It could be any of the fish mentioned above. I'm not sure. Any pictures of something related to "whale fish" is fine.

Although I think it is the Pollimyrus castelnaui but any fish related to whale fish or anything like that I'd like to see.

Why do they call it a baby whale? It dosent look like anything close to a whale. Looks more like a shorter version of a silverdollar.

Why do they call it a baby whale? It dosent look like anything close to a whale. Looks more like a shorter version of a silverdollar.

Is it related to the elephantnose? I could be wrong, but I always thought they were an elephantnose without the nose. Not rare, just an oddball.

Is it related to the elephantnose? I could be wrong, but I always thought they were an elephantnose without the nose. Not rare, just an oddball.

I think you maybe correct.

Thay have some at my LFS.

yeah, i totally don't see the "silver dollar" resemblance at all. but then again, that's not a very clear picture if you've never seen one in real life before.

Most reactions

Back