Well, What A Horrible Day This Has Turned Out To Be...

x-Twinkle-x

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
...First of all, my albino ADF decided to explore and got himself jammed in the filter, resulting in me spending nearly 2 hours trying to fish him out, and having to pull the filter apart to get him out.. :grr:

Then, after deciding on a few swordtails to go in my 70L, I went to the LFS and saw my 3 synos, 4 large plecs, & 2 big irridenscent sharks (I think that's what they're called) in small tanks. I felt sooo guilty, it was over 2 weeks ago that I took them down there, and because they are all so lovely & healthy I thought they would get taken off to new homes straight away. I only took them down there because I couldn't find any new homes for them. I only tried to rehome them because they were outgrowing my tank and I didn't think it was fair, but now they're stuck in the fish shop and I feel so sorry for them. I dont know if Ive done the right thing. :(

I asked for 4 swordtails, but as they were 5 for £6 the young guy serving me said that I might as well get 5. The only reason I only asked for 4 was because the only swordtails I could see were the 4 in one tank, but he found some others so I pointed one out. As he was netting it, I turned round and carried on looking at my poor cats =[ and then when he handed me the bag it was all tied up with paper wrapped round it and put into another bag so I couldn't check, but I just trusted that he would have at least put another swordtail in!

Well, when I got home, I was NOT happy to find that he has given me a large sailfin molly. It is very pretty, but they need brackish water dont they? And I dont have any other mollies so he is all on his own! :angry:

I feel really sorry for this molly now, he swam up over to my betta and he flared at him! They're getting on ok now, but still I dont want to take the molly back to the LFS because he will just be stuck in a fish shop again.
Thinking about it, the mollies at the LFS are in tanks with platies and guppies, so I dont think they are kept in brackish water. Is it essential?

EDIT: On a happier note, I have finally got my tanks looking how I want them to, and I have also bought a new tank for my other male HM betta, which should be here on Tuesday! :)

I agree, I had to highlight the pink writting just to stop getting a head ache lol

No such thing as an albino ADF, it would of been an albino ACF, which get to the size of a fist unlike the small ADF's.

Also mollies do better in brackish water, there is a pinned topic here.

When I traded my Senegal bichir into the LFS, it was for a few weeks, but it went after a short while. They still have some of my other fish there though.

Do you think you could type in normal black? Really hard on the eyes :p

Also one big block of text is hard on the eyes as well. It helps to separate into pargraghs.

Like This:

...First of all, my albino ADF decided to explore and got himself jammed in the filter, resulting in me spending nearly 2 hours trying to fish him out, and having to pull the filter apart to get him out.. :grr:

Then, after deciding on a few swordtails to go in my 70L, I went to the LFS and saw my 3 synos, 4 large plecs, & 2 big irridenscent sharks (I think that's what they're called) in small tanks. I felt sooo guilty, it was over 2 weeks ago that I took them down there, and because they are all so lovely & healthy I thought they would get taken off to new homes straight away.

I only took them down there because I couldn't find any new homes for them. I only tried to rehome them because they were outgrowing my tank and I didn't think it was fair, but now they're stuck in the fish shop and I feel so sorry for them. I dont know if Ive done the right thing. :(

Then, I asked for 4 swordtails, but as they were 5 for £6 the young guy serving me said that I might as well get 5. The only reason I only asked for 4 was because the only swordtails I could see were the 4 in one tank, but he found some others so I pointed one out.

As he was netting it, I turned round and carried on looking at my poor cats =[ and then when he handed me the bag it was all tied up with paper wrapped round it and put into another bag so I couldn't check, but I just trusted that he would have at least put another swordtail in!

Well, when I got home, I was NOT happy to find that he has given me a large sailfin molly. It is very pretty, but they need brackish water dont they? And I dont have any other mollies so he is all on his own! :angry:

I feel really sorry for this molly now, he swam up over to my betta and he flared at him! They're getting on ok now, but still I dont want to take the molly back to the LFS because he will just be stuck in a fish shop again.

Thinking about it, the mollies at the LFS are in tanks with platies and guppies, so I dont think they are kept in brackish water. Is it essential?

EDIT: On a happier note, I have finally got my tanks looking how I want them to, and I have also bought a new tank for my other male HM betta, which should be here on Tuesday! :)

I Dig It... how about you?? A lot easier to read. :good:

No such thing as an albino ADF? I can't see him being an ACF, he looks nothing like them lol and I've had him for about 2 years now, when I got him he was tiny, he grew pretty fast but stopped growing after about 6 months at about 3" and has stayed that way ever since! I will post some pics of him a bit later though :)

EDIT: Lol thanks Chrispixx!

I went to the LFS and saw my 3 synos, 4 large plecs, & 2 big irridenscent sharks (I think that's what they're called) in small tanks.

I felt sooo guilty, it was over 2 weeks ago that I took them down there, and because they are all so lovely & healthy I thought they would get taken off to new homes straight away.

I only took them down there because I couldn't find any new homes for them. I only tried to rehome them because they were outgrowing my tank and I didn't think it was fair, but now they're stuck in the fish shop and I feel so sorry for them. I dont know if Ive done the right thing. :(

I understand you feel sorry them but dont beat yourself up over it. It's not your fault the LFS does not have large enough tanks to house them. Hopefully someone knowledgeable with big tanks will pic them up soon. (or as you say straight away ;) )

I hope the rest of your day turns out better and tomorrow as well :)

Thanks Chrispixx..

Jayjay, nope he is completely white, some parts of him are sort of see through, with red eyes. :)
I'm confused now, what could he be?? -_-

Most likely you molly was raised in freshwater and so it doesnt really need to live in brackish water. It would do fine in your tank

Most reactions

Back