Well I Was Thinking Of.....

Frollickyfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
......getting a girl to breed with my boy but having read how vicious and complicated it all is Im now not so sure. :unsure: Is it really as daunting as it sounds or once youve had one successful drop are you hooked like I am at the mo with livebearers?! :rolleyes:

Hi
Having recently had our first spawn and now on our 2nd, with the 3rd lined up ready, yes it is infectious. You do also need to do lots of planning and get everything you need first, spawning tank, grow out tanks, live food cultures, jars/containers to seperate males into.....and on and on and on........then you need an outlet for possibly 150-200 fish! So i suppose it can be daunting :good:

Hi
Having recently had our first spawn and now on our 2nd, with the 3rd lined up ready, yes it is infectious. You do also need to do lots of planning and get everything you need first, spawning tank, grow out tanks, live food cultures, jars/containers to seperate males into.....and on and on and on........then you need an outlet for possibly 150-200 fish! So i suppose it can be daunting :good:

Yes I think I need to do alot more reading up on it and planning before I attempt it lol! :nod:

Hi
Yea, its always worth taking it slow as there is even more to it than i first thought :nod:

reading and planning is good :good:

there is allot to it and it does take quite a bit of you time up what with daily water changes and several feeds throughout the day, you really need to be ready but it is all worth it in the end

I have been reading and planning about it for months, scounging and looking for tanks and equipment, then looking around for fish that I liked, then breaking down and buying a few decent ones off aquabid, ony then to have the male be a goober and he needs a rest and reconditioned. Then get some more decent fish off aqua bid....waiting for them to get mailed right now.... :hyper:

Most reactions

Back