Weird Particles In Water?

KevJ87

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, so everything has been going great with my 29 gallon planted tank but I have been noticing that the water looks a little off to me. When I get close you can see stuff floating around with the current of the tank they look like tiny tiny snowflakes I am not sure if it is pieces of fabric from the bio-wheel that is old that I have and maybe is losing some of its fabric or what.

There is also a buildup of stuff floating on the surface, now I am using co2 but those get dissolved before hitting the surface so besides the tiny little surface agitation I am not sure whats floating on the top of the water. 

Any idea's here ?

That happened in my tank too. It seemed to clear up when i cleaned the filter. When was the last time you cleaned yours? When was the last time you cleaned the intake?

The biofilm developing on the surface happens normally. How much and how often do you do water changes? The biofilm is harmless but if it bothers you add a bubbler to brake it up at the surface.

Cleaning the intake fixed it thank you a lot ! The bio-film is not what it is or at least I don't believe so because I have co2 going all day and than turn on a bubble wall at night.

Most reactions

Back