Weird Names Given by the LFS

My lfs had (what looked like) Harlequin Rasboras labeled as Porkchop Rasboras. And before someone says "Porkchop rasobora is actually another name for Harlequin Rasboras" :p ... yeah, but how many of you have heard of it? I did a google search, and only got 2 hits, so it's not very common!!

:rofl: :rofl: Okay still laughing, this post definitely gets my nomination for FPOTM---Funniest Post of the Month! Yes, there should be a category for that. Riiight funny, what a hilarious thread. Thanks guys, its grey and stormy here and I needed the laughs!

SnowyZMom :D

i don't know about weird names but my lfs sold me two albino clawed frogs and said they'd be alright in my comunity aquarium with my neon tetras, platies and mollies!!! being new to aquariums i foolishly believed him! hmmmm :blink:

My lfs had pygmy corys labeled as otos, but that's somewhat understandable considering their similar colours and pattern as juvies.

Not too bad, but I saw creme, with black tail swords.

They called them Oreo Cookie Swordtails. :lol:

They were 14.99 a pair. :crazy:

Just saw another one. Some eel in the lfs was called nine-tail dragon or some such baloney. I wonder how on earth they came out with all these names...

P.T.

nightlife20 said:
one of the 'cheap' lfs's calls albino plecs ' monster brown sucker loach' (i kid u not) :rofl:
:lol: This can only be a good thing - it means people think twice before buying that cute little 1inch pleco they see at the pet store!

also a good name for it.

Most reactions

Back