Weird coloring

nashnut

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Check out the end of his dorsal fin - lower ray...
He's got the same on the lower fin. I have never seen
a checkerboard coloration like that before.

checks.jpg

That is Perrtyyy. Is that your betta? If so, post more pix! I've seen checker board patterning like that, it's rare though...

Yes, it's one of my slower developing little guys. I kept him mainly because I am interested in his coloration. It's a bit different but I thought he might come out more like his brother but now I don't think so.... There seems to be an underlying pineapple coloring in some of the females, another male and him.

His brother....

IMG_4679.jpg

The little guy's brother is GORGEOUS :hyper: however that checkerboard patterning is very intriguing. I mean can you imagine what a Betta with more of that colouring would look like? Mega cool. And boy if it could be fixed by breeding...I think people would buy it. At any rate, let us know if he gets more of it. It's quite attractive! :cool:

my betta has somethign similar to that
he has little spots on his tail
60a2c65a.jpg

and this one on the dorsal fin
1e01dc6e.jpg

My green betta has spots like that. I thought they might be temporary since when I got him he was in a disgustingly filthy cup and he had stress stripes bad! The stripes are gone but the spots are still there.

I thought that checkerboard/spot coloring was common. I see it a lot, and my betta has it on his fins too. His fins are green with red markings:
rodchester1.jpg

Also, I see it a lot when just surfing the web for betta pics. Here are a few gorgeous ones I have come across. I wish these were mine!
greenblack.jpg

hmblue.jpg

blackpurpleamazing.jpg

:wub: I love bettas

The patterning you see is the natural pattern of wild bettas... it looks spectacular on long-finned bettas, I think :nod:

Both of my blue's (the one that won betta of the month actually has that) have that pattern. And my green lace CT had it as well.

I think it looks pretty cool too.

Most reactions

Back