Wee Tang(K) Project !

100% bet that the paint reaction was caused by silicone residue on the glass from the tank being glued together, silicone ill ruin any paint finish. It's why lots of car cleaning products say "silicone free" or "paintshop safe", so they can be used in garages without fear of contaminating surfaces that are going to be painted.

Love the little kumgweensis tho, they look like they have loads of character! Personally I like seeing understocked tanks, the fish always seem more relaxed and more natural. Look forward to more pics!

You'll be looking forward to the 6x2x2, I bet you either change all your stocking or add a few more :good:

You can bet your bottom dollar I will! With the chances of finding more Lestradea next to zero, I have been looking at Enantiopus 'Kilesa' or Xenos, but as usual,there's too many fish I want!

Looks good, im thinking of moving my multies into a smaller set up :good:

More pics please :D

Been trying different settings on the phone :blush: , still don't show up the irridescent colours(spelling?) . . .
Here goes :good:

P070711_2231.jpg

P070711_2108.jpg

P070711_2107_03.jpg

P070711_2152_01.jpg

P070711_2109_02.jpg

P070711_2114.jpg

Got a bit carried away there (as usual), cheers , Sean :good:

Looks good, im thinking of moving my multies into a smaller set up :good:

More pics please :D

P070711_2152_01.jpg

P070711_2114.jpg

Got a bit carried away there (as usual), cheers , Sean :good:

Wow, those Dwarf Sumbu(?) look stunning! Is that their breeding colours in full bloom?

Just about, the smaller male goes really dark (almost black) when he's keeping the small female in the shell.
Going to move some of these on soon, need to give the tank a good makeover and restock it :unsure:
More sand added to the wee tank today, serious digging going on :hyper:

Great photos :good: :good:

They all look very comfortable in their homes :D

He lives in Scotland, and with me, :lol:

LOL!!! How big do these grow? I love them. I want the Goldheads after seeing them on a thread here but they would be too big more any of my tanks i believe. If these are 'dwarf' then these maybe do-able!

He lives in Scotland, and with me, :lol:

LOL!!! How big do these grow? I love them. I want the Goldheads after seeing them on a thread here but they would be too big more any of my tanks i believe. If these are 'dwarf' then these maybe do-able!

Yeah they are very "do-able" , the alpha male is only 2" - 2.5", the maion female that spawns with him is a tiny 1.5" (guestamations). . . there are a couple of larger ones in the tank also, very peaceful cichlid, I have had them in with Multies in the past and given there own space work fine, the last set up they were in a bigger tank with CYps and Xenos, it was funny at first watching them try top assert there "authority" but all they could shift were the kungweensis. After a day or two they were out and about, they look and behave better with dithers for confidence, the Cyps worked great for this, once the fry are a bit bigger I'm going to shift some back in with them.

Hope this helps , Sean

P.S.
If you are interested I'm going to move a few on soon and also a load of young Cyps . . . . :good:

Most reactions

Back