Weatherloach

Himmel

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was doing my monthly maintence on my fluval 204 filter today and found a bunch of weather laoch babies .... alive !! they are alittle over an inch long and FAT. only one survived being moved to a new CLEAN home but he seems happy and is huge compared to the 2 that never made it into the filter .has anyone else ever had this happen before? is feeding fish food ok or do they need something else (the 2 small ones have been surviving off fish food but now I think there is something better because the one is sooo much bigger )

I was doing my monthly maintence on my fluval 204 filter today and found a bunch of weather laoch babies .... alive !! they are alittle over an inch long and FAT. only one survived being moved to a new CLEAN home but he seems happy and is huge compared to the 2 that never made it into the filter .has anyone else ever had this happen before? is feeding fish food ok or do they need something else (the 2 small ones have been surviving off fish food but now I think there is something better because the one is sooo much bigger )
Both of my loach went to ground, one on Friday and one on Saturday morning when I did my weekly water change. I was, and still am so worried that I had not seen them for three days that I decided to do another part water change. The one that dissapeared on Saturday was in the filter pump, the other is still aloof. My loach do not normally go missing for more than a few hours, and even then you can always see their heads or barbs or tails. I am fretting like mad here. :crazy:

as people may have seen from my thread in the tropical discussion i have been really worrying about my clown loaches.... i looked under everything and in the filter (Juwel) to no avail... saw them both a few times early in the morning but only for a few minutes. my boyfriend discovered tonight that they were in fact hiding in the filter but in a part i couldnt see! he gently tipped them out and positioned the filter so they cant get in it. now they have been out exploring all evening but have disappeared again! they cant get into the filter now but im happy they are just hiding elsewhere!

im sure they will show up mine come out really early in the morning and one sometimes comes out for algae wafers!!

Most reactions

Back