Water Test Kits

Dave

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Im Looking for some recommendations for testkits. Whats the best ones to get and wheres the cheapest place to buy them from? Any UK sites worth checking out?

I don't know about the cheapests but buy "Drop tests" / liquid, they are better than "paper tests".

Tetra is good and JBL too.

I like Hagen kits. And you almost always get what you pay for. Another point to note on test kits. It is nice to have a couple different brands to be able to double check a suspicious reading before making hasty adjustments.

With mine there is a definate difference in 20ppm compared to 80ppm. Now between 20 and 40 is harder, but when you get above 40 and into the dangerous territory you can definately tell.

i also use the aquarium pharmaceuticals test kit......£16.99 at pets at home......lasts for ages too......ive been testin 2 tanks n ive still got loads left......great value for money

Tek :fish:

so, as you can see, the best one to use is:

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals drop kit
or the Hagen kit
or the one that the guy on eBay sells
or the Mardel 5-N-1 dipstick test
but not the dipstick tests

:lol: ask one person you get one answer. ask another, you get a different answer. try out whichever you're most comfortable with and if it seems to give you accurate results, keep it! if not, try another...

:S I see what you mean LimpyFins, looks like every one has a different opinion. I think Im going to try Pets at Home. Im sure theres one near me somewhere. £16.99 sounds a bargain teknikz. Ive been paying as much as £26 - £28 before.

Thanks everyone :D

Alot cheaper on line mate

try www.aquatics-online.co.uk

or

www.aquatics-warehouse.co.uk

I have tried both sites and the customer service is second to none

Most reactions

Back