Water Conditioners

Gazoo

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I've been using Aquarium Pharmaceuticals (API) Ammo-Lock 2 for years but I'm looking to switch. After reading this FAQ topic (subtopic - The LFS sold me a product that locks away ammonia. Can I use that to save my fish?), I see some disadvantages of using something that "locks" ammonia.

I've been battling :sly: a mini-cycle and I thought now would be a good time to try something new.

What do you use? ????

I currently use Aqua Cycle, and AquaPlus. This never causes any problems in my tanks.

Some water conditioner made by tetrasomething.. i dunno.. comes in a yellow bottle

I use amquel+ and it has never failed me besides the part where you have to wait 24 hours before its ready for use. :rolleyes:

I know from experience that this never goes down well, but I've never used conditioner in my life, and I'm not about to start. There are no Chloramines in my water supply, and I evaporate the Chlorine off with 24hrs standing in a spare tank.

I use patene to be exact. It really makes your hair so soft.

pantene-conditioner.jpg

Hi Gazoo :)

I use a product called "Tap Water Conditioner," by Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. I like it because it's the least expensive product I can find and because it is used at the rate of one drop per gallon, rather than measured by parts of a spoonful per X gallons. It has no aloe vera or other unnecessary ingredients in it. :D

Waterlife Haloex. buy the trade pack size and it treats lots, and neutralisers the heavy metals found in water aswell.

Nothing at all besides the occasional mineral supplement. I use R/O and filtered tap water (usually) and nothing else. I don't even need dechlorinator with the tap filter.

Aquaplus by Nutrafin. I got a free sample a year or so back and I liked how it didn't have any nitrate or ammonia locks in it... something about those just bugs me. Anyways, since getting the free sample, I just kept purchasing it. No problems so far that I know of ^^

Most reactions

Back