Water Conditioner Before Or After Putting Water Into Tank?

Cheers Waterdrop for taking the time to reply. That is exactly the kind fo info i wanted.
Regards
Andy

I find it does not matter how you add the de chlorinator. all systems, seem, to work :good: personally i only add enough for the water i change, not the whole tank. but again, it just personal preference.

best rule, seems to be:
if you change water with a bucket/container, dose the buckets as you go.
if you change with a hosepipe/python, dose the tank.

Because I'm not that strong and don't have a mixer tap. I use a watering can (only used for the fish). I put the declor in the first canfull and do the finger test for the water temp. As I have smaller fish this means there are no accidents with too much flow of water hitting at one time. Also going backwards and forwards to the tank and kitchen keep me fit. My other half says I'm faffing around. I think it's because all he can hear is running water, esp if there's footy on. :lol:

Cheers Waterdrop for taking the time to reply. That is exactly the kind fo info i wanted.
Regards
Andy
Good Andy, that's why I just decided to write up an example (and its only an example among many ways that will work fine).. as a beginner I often found it just reassuring to be able to picture the details of what someone else was doing that worked.

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back