Water Changes

binman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
how often do some of you do a water change?
i usally do one every sunday and take out about 20%

Too many tanks to do in all in one day so I spread it out over the week, basically it's a seven day thing. but 25% from each tank would be the norm
Regards
BigC

lol big C got your hands full then!, never owned a Betta didnt know you have to do a 100% change is that weekly lil fishie?

20-40% (alternating, 20% one week, 40 t'other when i clean the filters etc) every saturday

I do a 30-60% water change once a week on all of my fish tanks, my fish tanks are all very well filtered though so sometimes i may do a water change once every 6day or 9days etc, it depends, as doing all 4 of my fish tanks in one day can be an exhusting task so sometimes i may do some tanks days in advance or much later than the rest of the tanks etc.

never owned a Betta didnt know you have to do a 100% change is that weekly lil fishie?

bettas have something called a labyrinth organ which allows them to take atmospheric air, and [generally] prefer low current water, so they're often kept in tanks that don't have filters/bubblers, hence the weekly 100% water change. normal water changes will suffice if the tank has a filter.

i remove about a third every 1-2 weeks, depends how busy/lazy i am

yeah i do them 100% weekly due to them having a 2.5 and 3 gal with no filter, the community has 4 females in which do fine with 20% weekly as its filtered and heated

Two large ((70-80%)too much some would say) water changes on each of my tanks, each week normally. Though I take all decor and plants out of my tanks at the same time so I can clean properly, I never just do water changes.

Two large ((70-80%)too much some would say) water changes on each of my tanks, each week normally. Though I take all decor and plants out of my tanks at the same time so I can clean properly, I never just do water changes.

Same here (although i don't take out all of the decor, just a little bit), i always take the time to clean the whole tank like the substrate and filters when i am doing a water change and i often re-decorate my tanks a little bit while doing large water changes too :) .

Due to having to do year 12 home schooling & pretty frequent poor health it can vary so much from 30% every two weeks ( my norm) to 50% every three....it depends when I can get the time...I haven't had a fish die from poor water conditions for a long time though so im going alright :)

I normally do 25% on all my tanks on a Sunday, but through the "summer" I was neglecting them a bit and only doing 50% per fortnight. I've been feeling a bit guilty recently so they are all on 50% weekly and have been for the last 3-4 weeks :nod:

Arfie

Most reactions

Back