Water Changes , How Do You Do Yours......

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have a 20g bin that I dump water into from the tank and then I dump the bucket outside. I add water through the hose. That is on my 40g tank. I havent figured out how I am going to do the 55g but I have time to think as it has not been set up yet :p

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive and the thought has occured to me several times, its the temp, treatment thing that was foxing me.

So you folks adding water at tap temp slowly rather than warming it up before? what about the tapsafe? is that straight into the tank?

if you have fish in the tank then add it before i guess..as the chlorinated water will shock the fish i guess....
I am currently cycling 3 tanks at once and i have done a couple of W/C's...i syphon out into a bucket..tip down bath or sink...add dechlorinator (tapsafe) for tank volume and the add the warm water. :good:

i normally just do each bucket for what it holds im comfused now :blink:

You dose per bucket, we dont use buckets on big tanks hence from the tap. As we use as hose to fill back up we dose the whole tank, if your using buckets fine do per bucket :good:

are ok so when im doing my 50% on my rio 180 i can fill from the tap with a hose and just add my prime to the tank enough for the full 180lts?????????

are ok so when im doing my 50% on my rio 180 i can fill from the tap with a hose and just add my prime to the tank enough for the full 180lts?????????

You'd dose the tank for the 50% water you added, so you would work out how much you need to use for 90L added :). :good:

When adding dechlorinator to the tank then filling you dose for the entire tank volume, not the volume of replacement water. If you are doing a 50% water change on a 180l you dose for 180l, not 90l, if you are filling with untreated water.

This is due to the waste material present in the tank oxidizing the dechlorinator, the same as disinfectants added to your tap water do.

Most reactions

Back