Want Better Filtration

Jack.

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the site not to fish, I currently have a Aqueon HOB filter setup for a 40 gal. It's okay....Not the best thing in the world. Would like something a whole lot better that won't go through filters. it has that 4 stage filtration system thingy. Not really what to call it but I guess it does it job alright but I would like to upgrade to something a bit better. Have a budget of under 100 dollars. I've been looking at the penguin bio wheel filters, they seemed decent and everyone had good reviews about it. But my main concern is, this is going to be a live plant tank with a moss wall on the back. I don't want the filter interfering with the moss wall. What do you guys recommend?

:hi:
hi, i would go for a canister filter either external or internal, externals are better IMO but cost more, i would go for the fluval 05 range or maybe a fluvla U3 or U4. eheim also do good filters.
Lloyd

Hi,

New to the site not to fish, I currently have a Aqueon HOB filter setup for a 40 gal. It's okay....Not the best thing in the world. Would like something a whole lot better that won't go through filters. it has that 4 stage filtration system thingy. Not really what to call it but I guess it does it job alright but I would like to upgrade to something a bit better. Have a budget of under 100 dollars. I've been looking at the penguin bio wheel filters, they seemed decent and everyone had good reviews about it. But my main concern is, this is going to be a live plant tank with a moss wall on the back. I don't want the filter interfering with the moss wall. What do you guys recommend?

I'd take a trip to the "planted" section. there is far more too this than you realise.

Hi,

I'd take a trip to the "planted" section. there is far more too this than you realise.

I've been looking at the fluval filters...But will take this over to the planted tank sections. Thank you guys!

Most reactions

Back