WalMart

TheWaterBoy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
It seems alot of people post topics complaining about Fish Shops. Im not knocking anyone. I do the same when I have a bad experience. I was just thinking that I have good experiences too. So why not brag about the good things.

We just had a WalMart changed to a super WalMart and I went to inspect the aquarium section. It looked good no dead ones. They seem to be healthy. I was thinking jeezz how long will this last. I went back a few days later and they were not selling any fish because they were medicating the fish for something. I am surprized not only did they recognize a problem but they also recognized that all the tanks were linked through filtration and they all needed to be healthy before selling fish.

Most of time places either dont care or all they do is put sick ones in a quarantine (sp?) tank. They were willing to lose money and shut down to ensure their fish were healthy. Though this should be standard practice it is rarely seen. Around here anyway.

tstenback said:
Yes it is true that even in the department store pet centers there are those that do offer good quality stock and sound advise. Refreshing :)
Yes, very refreshing. I have one good one around here too.

Same as my Wal-Mart Spick~n~Span clean no dead fish and some rarer fish then my lfs gets ^_^

I just thought it would be more fair to include some good things in a topic rather then bad. Cuz its easy to rant about the bad things and forget about the good.

Most reactions

Back