Wal*mart Fish

The closest thing we have here in aus is Big-W or K-Mart. These places sell fish supplies but not fish due to the same problem Wal-Mart has. They wouldnt be able to look after them correctly. BTW u guys need to settle down

The walmart over hewre is horible, so is mijers. I would never get fish from any of them. There tanks are so bad and non of the employies know #### for brains about fish or for that mater small animals and birds at the mijers. THey sell cocketiels to Im happy they are getting rid of them. Im sorry to saythat for those who get there fishg there But ive seen some really bad things with the employies and for the animals. But I do believe this. when it comes to pet stores.. its how there runed, whos running it and how well the employies are. Ive been to some pet stores that are really really good, others that are very bad. Even petsmarts and petcos most of my coworkers are compleat idiots. They dont care and are lazy and dont do there jobs right when it comes to the animals. they half ass it. THen you have people like me and my coworker nick who bust our ass trying to keep the place up and give good knolage to customers.

I remember going to Wal-Mart and buying fish for my cousin's and I 10gallon aquarium. Theyre was the lady had to be in her teens or twenties and she was so afraid to get the fish out, she said they were nasty, gross, smelly, and scared her. Another time it was a guy, he wasent to old either, same thing happen. He was scared out of his mind. I had to take the net away from him and catch the fish. It was so said.... More like pathetic. He said fish make his skin crowl......
That just go's to say most people dont even want to work with fish, To say they could actually learn something from it that might help them.

Mod's note:

I've had to remove some posts from this thread because of language and content. Others have been edited. One member has lost his posting privileges because of something disgraceful he said. This has not been a friendly thread.

Bashing WalMart or other stores is not particularly appreciated here. If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this topic, please let it die a natural death and slowly sink down the list.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Yeah, Glad to know...... I haft to say it was kinda a shock but hey, at least the fish dont have to suffer..... I think they said theyd try to sale them out before they get rid of them. Also, I remember someone said that theyre Wal-Mart is remodeling, mine is to.

We have two Wal-Mart stores in Red Deer. The north store has killed their quota of fish and management has removed all the fish products and the tanks. The south store will likely follow shortly.

Mod's note:

I've had to remove some posts from this thread because of language and content. Others have been edited. One member has lost his posting privileges because of something disgraceful he said. This has not been a friendly thread.

Bashing WalMart or other stores is not particularly appreciated here. If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this topic, please let it die a natural death and slowly sink down the list.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Thanks for your intervention, I agree it got way out of hand and something had to be done. Great job.

I think that WalMart should keep their fish departments. But they need to educate sales associates to work in the department. I was in my local WalMart last week and wanted to buy a fish. I had to go to the opposite end of the store to find someone, just to ask them to get someone to the fish department.

Well..... when he finally came, I had second thoughts. He literally swept the net through the tank trying to get the fish. When he finally had it, he flipped the net out of the tank, and WHAM three fish flew through the air and landed on the floor. His response was "Oops." I quickly turned on my heel and said never mind. I felt that the best thing I could do for those poor fish was to leave so he wouldn't kill any more.

I went to the service desk to complain, but I don't feel that I was taken seriously..... WalMart definitely needs help if they're going to sell fish......

I've had similar events happen at Walmart with the staff. This one lady told me "The only thing I know about fish is how to eat them." I was thinking, great. There was a breeder's net with fry in it and she totally took it out of the tank, scooped up my fish and gave them to me. Then she walked away. I had to put the breeder's net back in the tank. :X

Same here, Over time I have gotten fish, Most of the time people dont know eanything or care. Like one time a man was serving other customers and he got to me, I ask him for an angelfish, and they stress easy. When he caught it he was very rough with it and Im supprised he didnt kill it. Push the net down into the bag.

I'm glad the fish are going, but I just hope they still sell supplies. If not, I'm going to have to get alot before the year is out.

Ditto, AFI. Their prices are great, especially on food! You can get nice-sized container of Tetra granulates, flakes and even blood worms for about $2.50! Can't beat that! :D

Oh yes, and the gravel there isn't half bad either! I need to buy some for my un-used 10 gallon. They got cheap heaters there too, I just can't find a good filter there. Hehe, luckly I have a gift card to WalMart... and extra cash. I should go there soon, like Saturday.

Ok, I just came from another Wal*Mart and they said that they were still going to sale fish.... But I haft to say, this Wal*Mart had great service, Healthy fish and Clean water, and it actually have clean gravel....

Go's to show, the Wal*Mart thats stop selling fish doesent know what theyre saying.....

Most reactions

Back