Waddington Airshow 2009

Here is a pic of a plane you will never see due the fecking UK government scrapping it due to a sizeable debt to the US at the time. The deal was scrap your plane and we will write off all your debt.View attachment 57693

Even if that plane had gone into full production it would not be flying to this day. The CAA wouldn't allow it to happen. Only reason there isn't a EE Lightning flying despite there being one fully airworthy!

They would not have allowed phantoms up either in private hands (stingy gits) however the US government got their first with them too!

Even if that plane had gone into full production it would not be flying to this day. The CAA wouldn't allow it to happen. Only reason there isn't a EE Lightning flying despite there being one fully airworthy!

They would not have allowed phantoms up either in private hands (stingy gits) however the US government got their first with them too!
I thought there were Lightnings flying in South Africa?

Could be, wouldn't be surprised if they were still in service tbh. Italy have only just retired the F104, although they developed that aircraft from a rocket into quite a capable plane!

I think there are some in private hands in the US.

Ah I checked mate you are right there are two in private hands in SA. Seems US and SA are the two best countries to take retired aircraft if you want to see them flying agiain..

However, a recent accidental takeoff at Bruntingthorpe :unsure: The pilots have been very lucky and CAA turned a blind eye to the incident but if this happens again it could potentially put any future restorations in serious jeopedy!

BTW sorry Aaron nice pics mate big improvement on last years!

Nice pictures mate.

My In laws took my 1 year old to see them, and he just slept right through. I'm in the RAF myself, so we live around things like that all day, maybe he is just fed up of planes, haha.

Always a good day out though.

Boony,

I just wondering what base are you based at as my Partner is in the RAF aswell and we live in grimsby. The waddington air show is a nice day, i took my little sister along and she loves that kinda of thing.

Our dog even love the jets had per picture taken with them lol.

Jemma

Most reactions

Back