Waddington Airshow 2009

aaronnorth

www.ukaps.org
Reaction score
Anyone else go? Feel free to post your pictures here :)

This is the radar on the Awax, weighs 5 tonne and only the white strip is the radar, the rest is aerodynamics! lol

Thanks for looking, Aaron. :)

Nice pictures mate.

My In laws took my 1 year old to see them, and he just slept right through. I'm in the RAF myself, so we live around things like that all day, maybe he is just fed up of planes, haha.

Always a good day out though.

Fantastic pics there! Good to see you enjoyed it and had nice weather :)

I was going to go to the Lowestoft one but I'm on holiday and there are none others around me so i'm missing out this year :(

nice aaron...i went on the sunday and had a tour around the AWACS its pretty impressive that the 5 tonne radar is aerodynamic enough that it doesnt add weight to the plane when its flying.

which day did you go to see the vulcan fly? it didnt fly when i was there :( the only reason i went was to see that.

i dont know if you saw it but on both days there was a guy at about 12 doing stunts in a small white plane...a week later he was killed in his plane :rip:

Here is a pic of a plane you will never see due the fecking UK government scrapping it due to a sizeable debt to the US at the time. The deal was scrap your plane and we will write off all your debt.View attachment 57693

Attachments

• plane2.jpg
    plane2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 92
great pics
ben years since I went to an airshow and I keep meaning to take the kids toone

the awacs used to go over ours everyday... very odd looking thing when you see it in the air unexpectadly

Nice pictures Arron.

Fair few planes I helped build there (Hawks and the Euofighter Typhoon)

Whenever the Typhoon takes off on a test flight you see all the people walking about the place stop and look up. It doesn't get old.

Thanks everyone,

Jack, i was there for the weekend but due to a permit not being obtained the vulcan was unable to fly, it was apparently a mix up on the authority's behalf, not the pilots or whoever sort it out. Everyone was dissapointd that thye let it run that late to get a renewal coming up to a massive airshow :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back