Vision 260 General Assistance Needed. Arrrrgh!

martinglover

Reaction score
Sorry for the generic post and bit of a moan, but I'm at the end of my tether with this tank and just need some reassurance. I have a Juwel Vision 260 tank and over the past couple of days I've notice some water collecting underneath at the front. Not lots, but some. I'm not sure if its condensation or a leak. I also notice that the top right of the tank at the front appears to let a little water out too but again I think this is condensation on the inside running down to the right and finding its way out.

I've also (while closely inspecting the tank) noticed a number of small scratches on the inside of the glass appearing. I don't recall seeing these before, but it's possible they were there. I'm wondering if fish are able to cause scratches by darting about, flicking up stones etc? Is that a possibility?

Not too sure what anyone can help me with really but I guess I'm just asking if there is anything I can do to eliminate this. What sort of height can I comfortably fill the tank up to without fear of leaking? I currently have the water just below the black trim on the edge so I can see the surface of the water from the side of the tank ( which looks a bit pants but water to make sure it wasn't that causing a leak) - seems not though as its still got a bit of water coming out. This also highlighted to me my tank had another issue, its not 100% level. Grrrr!! Not by much, but enough to make the condensation run that way I guess.

I guess I'm just wondering if others have had any of these woes or is there a problem?

I'm thinking about doing a big empty this weekend, drying underneath the tank properly, levelling it up as best I can with a spirit level, see if I can silicon in something to make the condensation stay in the tank or block off water routes out.. Oh I don't know.........

I have a lot of Juwel tanks, if they are not totally level this sort of condensation drip happens, all mine do it from the 180l to the 400l, funnily the only one that doesnt is my 260 vision. There is a cure you would need to run some clear silicon all around the plastic where it meets the glass on the inside. The only downfall is you need it dry.

my juwel 260 vision has the annoying condensation leak aswell, water runs down the corners of the tank and leaves water marks on the glass. I tried siliconing inside of the black plastic about a year ago (as star4 says) but didn't make any difference. Also cut some holes in the plastic lid to try and let some moisture out but this didn't help either. Mines been like this nearly 2 years now, suppose you just have to live with it.

Ok slight progress, it appears the leak/condensation collection is in the bottom trim of the tank. Anyone ever removed these? I want to dry it out completely to make sure the water that is coming out on the kitchen roll is condensation and not a leak in the corner.

On the subject of the scratches, use a light reflector so it stops any light shining on the front glass where the scratches are.

On my Rio180 I bought, the scratches were pretty numerous and deep. By twisting the reflector round enough, the scratches are almost entirely hidden.

Most reactions

Back