Violet The Cray, Into Here 5th Incarnation

raptorrex

Inactive
Reaction score
i notices the split when i returned from work. the tank lights went out at 12.15am and by 12.25 it was all done. you can still see the white mist coming from the cast.

216457f3032675ae.jpg

216457f303202c5b.jpg

216457f3076a2d92.jpg

she has has a big blue shift, this time.

2164582c86ea7c6f.jpg

21645842a0cc5ae4.jpg

she has a new friend too.

2164582c86e68c9c.jpg

2164582c86ecc658.jpg

a nice shot of the split just before moulting.

216457f30767d406.jpg

Doesnt the cray try and eat the red claw crab!?
:hyper: not as yet :hyper: The Cray seems chilled with all the inhabitants of the tank, often, retracing its steps to avoid contact. She will come into the main body of the tank, and run around with her claws in the (air?), but when her claws make contact she just prods the offending fish. one of my crabs did loose a leg, after getting cornered, in the Cray's cave. the leg returned on the next cast. However i count my fish and other stock, every time i look at my tank. the tank is a living thing, and as such is evolving all the time, i am prepared to take any action that may be needed, when and if it ever becomes necessary.

:hyper: not as yet :hyper: The Cray seems chilled with all the inhabitants of the tank, often, retracing its steps to avoid contact. She will come into the main body of the tank, and run around with her claws in the (air?), but when her claws make contact she just prods the offending fish. one of my crabs did loose a leg, after getting cornered, in the Cray's cave. the leg returned on the next cast. However i count my fish and other stock, every time i look at my tank. the tank is a living thing, and as such is evolving all the time, i am prepared to take any action that may be needed, when and if it ever becomes necessary.

Fair enough, my rainbow crab is kept on his own, he will kill anything, including other crabs, as i found out. Hes a dominant git lol.

Fair enough, my rainbow crab is kept on his own, he will kill anything, including other crabs, as i found out. Hes a dominant git lol.
yep and will get big too. as a true freshwater crab, i did consider, one myself, but having seen a 6"(carapace) example i thought better of it :nod: lol then bought a Cray that may grow to 10"(carapace) not a good example of joined up thinking lol

yep and will get big too. as a true freshwater crab, i did consider, one myself, but having seen a 6"(carapace) example i thought better of it :nod: lol then bought a Cray that may grow to 10"(carapace) not a good example of joined up thinking lol

lol, rainbow only grow to 6" or so... :p

Most reactions

Back