Very Very Small Pleco

Mjrobson82

Reaction score
Hi

I bought what I was told was a baby bristle nose plec. I believe this s not the correct species now.
However, this fish has not grown at all! It is now 4 years old and is only 1.5 inches long at best. It's always lively, gets well fed and the water quality is top notch, I've only had one fish death in 4 years. There is anther fully grown female bristle nose in the tank which was purchased a year before and this has grown to its full size.

Any clues as to why its never grown?
Also I would be grateful if anyone knew the species, this link is a very similar picture of it

Thanks, Michael

Sorry forgot to mention, it's in a 200 litre tank so it's got plenty of room.

image.jpg

:hi: hi welome to the forum on the link u gave us theres loads of pics of pleco and there all different upload a pic of just 1 so we no what 1 ur on about thanks

Sorry I realised after I posted, there should be an uploaded Pic there now.

its a female bristlenose or common plec but id say juvenile female bn :)

Its definitely a bushynose. Hard to tell you why it hasn't grown. I have 2 males in the same tank, bought at the same time and one is 5" the other only 3".

have you got any other pleco cause i brought 2 bns at same time 1 is 4 inch other is 2 and i found out 1 was chasing the other away from the food so that could be your isue

have you got any other pleco cause i brought 2 bns at same time 1 is 4 inch other is 2 and i found out 1 was chasing the other away from the food so that could be your isue

Yes I've a 6 inch female bristle nose. Both are always eating wafers and other food they tend not to bother each other.

probably just a genetic mutation, political correctness ignored for a moment dwarfism affects all sorts of species.

probably just a genetic mutation, political correctness ignored for a moment dwarfism affects all sorts of species.

You should breed her. Imagine new generation tiny bristlenose plecs :hyper: She is gorgeous little girl :good:

Most reactions

Back