Very Shy Demasoni

endorium

Reaction score
I have three Demasoni in my tank. Had them around 10 days. They have plenty of rocks and a few caves. The problem is I never see them as they never come out of the caves. If I am out the room and peep my head around they are usually swimming around. As soon as I come in they dart back in the cave!

They are very healthy looking and pretty fish which I would like to see now and again. Any ideas on how to make them a bit more active? In the shop I got them from they were very social.
I am planning on getting 4 more in the next few days. They have not been agressive at all to each other so far (i think thats because they never come out!)

Any help would be appreciated

What size is the tank and are there any other fish in there, if so what type?

100 litre tank and they are the only fish as they are agressive species.
No pictures of them because they wont come out the caves when I am in the room.

I know someone that has had 8 in a 100lite tank for over a year and they are very social and have done well (and breed constantly)
Water is perfect (I have tester kits)

I know someone that has had 8 in a 100lite tank for over a year and they are very social and have done well (and breed constantly)

I personally would say that 100L is too small to house the mbuna species but if the point is highlighted then it`s another persons choice as to whether they can/will go bigger with tank size.

I would say at the moment that your problem is due to not enough numbers to make the ones you have feel secure and confident in their surroundings. Adding more of the same species would definitely help and to spend some time by the tank before you feed them will help them get used to you, they will begin to associate you with feed time. 10 days is a short time for them so just be patient and give them more time but more of seeing you too :good:

I personally would say that 100L is too small to house the mbuna species but if the point is highlighted then it`s another persons choice as to whether they can/will go bigger with tank size.

I would say at the moment that your problem is due to not enough numbers to make the ones you have feel secure and confident in their surroundings. Adding more of the same species would definitely help and to spend some time by the tank before you feed them will help them get used to you, they will begin to associate you with feed time. 10 days is a short time for them so just be patient and give them more time but more of seeing you too :good:

+1

May have a look at getting a bigger tank nearer christmas. Will try the other tips you gave for now. THanks for the information.

Any one know where is a good place to buy basic glass aquariums. Just want the basic tank as I will make the stand myself.

May have a look at getting a bigger tank nearer christmas. Will try the other tips you gave for now. THanks for the information.

Any one know where is a good place to buy basic glass aquariums. Just want the basic tank as I will make the stand myself.

No worries :good:

Try ebay for tanks, there are usually loads on there and they`ll be cheaper than looking at new tanks from shops. Try and go for the biggest you can afford ;)

Most reactions

Back