Very Active Plec

mrtash

Reaction score
Good Morning,
I have a black and white striped plec he's about 4 months old and approx 3 to 4 inches long, during the last 2 days he has been well active, lights on and lights off, he seems to be well happy swims around the whole tank, he feeds well a looks in very good health, my question is for most of his life he seemed to remain hidden but more recently he is not hidding a lot, is he going t be ok

Pete

Is it a zebra plec?

might just be settled, if it for like houlf an hour couple times a day, i think thats normal
but im sure a more experianced member will let you know

itprobably thinks its mating season or something and its might be looking for the opposite sex but if its happy im sure it will be fine all mine are active day and night

dont worry about it, if its healthy eating and not showing any signs of illness then it's fine, very curious though what plec is it?.... 4 mnths old plec at 4-5 inches long doesnt sound right to me ;), unless a very well fed comon lol

itprobably thinks its mating season or something and its might be looking for the opposite sex but if its happy im sure it will be fine all mine are active day and night

we are well attached to him, lol, the wife keeps shouting he''s out again, lol

lol they can be fun to watch i whch all my fish rather than the tv lol

i though a common because ive got a black and white 13" common but its not striped its mor mottled like a gibbicepps , its now way a zebra that size its about fully grown at that or am i wrong

i though a common because ive got a black and white 13" common but its not striped its mor mottled like a gibbicepps , its now way a zebra that size its about fully grown at that or am i wrong

yeah i wouldn't say he's a zebra, he's black with 2 bands of white running through his length and through his fin's, the mrs gives him morer attention that me lol

yeah i wouldn't say he's a zebra, he's black with 2 bands of white running through his length and through his fin's, the mrs gives him morer attention that me lol

Get a pic up m8, curious now lol

Your right jay at that size it's pretty much full grown if a zebra ;)

Get a pic up m8, curious now lol

Your right jay at that size it's pretty much full grown if a zebra ;)

will try and get one but he 's not like your avitar picture

lovely pleco's these i have a L191 dull eyed royal plec at about the same size maybe abit bigger. Im supprised its that active then they aren't know to be too active you must be 1 of the lucky ones lol

here is mine

021.jpg

20042009174.jpg

Just to let you know it's a panaque species then and will require wood for it's diet, do you have wood in the tank?

jen

P.S lovely plec jay :good:

Most reactions

Back