Veggies For Green Terror?

Proxo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My Male GT doesnt seem to like his veggies lol, i've tried peas & cucumber (chopped into small pieces)
He'll go for the veggies and then notice what it is and not bother, my 2 females however love it.

What else could i try? i've read that people feed there oscars & gts with;
Green Beans, peas, Zuchinni, Cucumber, Grapes, Cranberries, Banana, lettuce, carrots, spinach, oranges, Broccoli

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the above foods :good:

my male gt was the same he would never eat veggies but the females would , i always use "new life spectrum" cichlid pellets which is a complete food so it doesn't really matter :)

I doubt you'll change him after this time. SOme fish just won't eat raw veg. Just use pellets with a decent veg content. As stated, NLS are probably the best overall diet for omnivorous cichlids. Hikari cichlid excel are very high in veg content too.

Ok thanks :) & the food i mentioned in my first post, would they all be safe to use for fish anyway?
"Green Beans, Grapes, Cranberries, Banana, lettuce, carrots, spinach, oranges"

Ok thanks :) & the food i mentioned in my first post, would they all be safe to use for fish anyway?

Yes fine. Just make sure that you remove any that stays uneaten. Although personally I would stay away from the fruit, as it will tend to break up more in the tank, and you would get more fouling of the water. Unless the fish will eat it whole, or in cut up chunks, it's probably best to stick to veg, which fouls the water less.

Yes fine. Just make sure that you remove any that stays uneaten. Although personally I would stay away from the fruit, as it will tend to break up more in the tank, and you would get more fouling of the water. Unless the fish will eat it whole, or in cut up chunks, it's probably best to stick to veg, which fouls the water less.

Sweet thanks for the info :).

Most reactions

Back