Vals Falling Apart

Rlon35

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am inclined to just leave the newly planted jungle vals alone, thinking they'll come back. I don't think pruning the decomposing leaves is a good idea...am I right? Are they likely to come back/look better in the future? In the past, when I planted vals, they took off right away or died.

I am inclined to just leave the newly planted jungle vals alone, thinking they'll come back. I don't think pruning the decomposing leaves is a good idea...am I right? Are they likely to come back/look better in the future? In the past, when I planted vals, they took off right away or died.

Want me to delete he other thread? Same thing.

I personally, to avoid ammonia issues from decomposition, would remove the decomposing leaves and see if it rebounds. Do you see any new growth at all?

just prune the yellow bits at the base...it'll take over the tank in no time!

I always trim my Vallis leaves at a 45 degree angle; I think they look a little odd if you trim them straight across.

Prune back all the dead and looking tired leaves, it'll grow back fine assuming you have all the necessary in your tank.

Mine looked like it was gonna die for about a month but after running a good level of co2 for a week or so they sprung up quite a bit. And yes I would pull or cut all the dead leaves off (they're ugly anyway!!!)

Most reactions

Back