Vacuum Cleaner

oldoak66

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've have bought a Unipet Vacuum Cleaner to clean my tank from Ebay and it arrived today - with no instructions.

This is the type - Gravel Vacuum Cleaner

Does anyone know how to use it or where I can find instructions. I've googled but with no success yet.

Thanks.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
it says what to do in the ad

Hi all,

I've have bought a Unipet Vacuum Cleaner to clean my tank from Ebay and it arrived today - with no instructions.

This is the type - Gravel Vacuum Cleaner

Does anyone know how to use it or where I can find instructions. I've googled but with no success yet.

Thanks.

All you have to do is attach it to an airpump and it should work,

have you tried that?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sorry if I seem really dense but this thing arrived in a box (not the original box) and I think I no where to attach the air line but at the top is another pipe - what exactly happens, you attach the airline, turn it on and it sucks and then what happens... Don't want to end up with water everywhere.

Okay - I must apologise for being so stoopid! I attached the airline to the only place it could attach and "hey presto" I knew what I was doing. Sorry for my stoopidity ;)

Incidentally - to hijack my own thread here - when doing 20% water changes do you add some hot water from the kettle to bring it up to a similar heat or does it not matter? I do add stuff to make the tap water safe but can you just add cold or does it need to be made warmer? Thanks.

Okay - I must apologise for being so stoopid! I attached the airline to the only place it could attach and "hey presto" I knew what I was doing. Sorry for my stoopidity ;)

Incidentally - to hijack my own thread here - when doing 20% water changes do you add some hot water from the kettle to bring it up to a similar heat or does it not matter? I do add stuff to make the tap water safe but can you just add cold or does it need to be made warmer? Thanks.

I find mixing hot and cold in a bucket and get it as close as you can by feeling will do the trick (you can add the de-chlorinate liquid then too. It's always a good idea that when you check your fish daily, just put your had on the glass when you check your thermometer and you will soon get to 'feel' the right temperature.

Good luck.

Martin :good:

Glad you got the vac going (rocket science at it's most simplest :lol:)

What I and many others do is draw enough water into a container with dechlorinator and leave it in the house to take the chill off. In the winter choose a warm spot, ie. near a radiator. I pop it in the airing cupboard (well as far in as it will go) Remember, you only replace about 20-25% and it soon springs back to temperature, it only drops a degree or two anyway. If you want to be really flash you can always buy a small aquarium heater and pop that in the day before :big_boss:

Most reactions

Back