Using Old Media

jayrt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im pretty new to fish keeping but i might be getting anew 3ft tank today (fingers crossed) and I want to move my fish out of my Biorb 60l is was wondering if there was anyway i could use some of the old media to speed up the cycle process?

Someone had told me to put the media in the tank but im unsure if this will actually work and if so where do i put it etc.

I know its better to do a fishless cycle but i have a bit of a emergency on my hands hence me getting my 3rd tank now.

Id appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Im pretty new to fish keeping but i might be getting anew 3ft tank today (fingers crossed) and I want to move my fish out of my Biorb 60l is was wondering if there was anyway i could use some of the old media to speed up the cycle process?

Someone had told me to put the media in the tank but im unsure if this will actually work and if so where do i put it etc.

I know its better to do a fishless cycle but i have a bit of a emergency on my hands hence me getting my 3rd tank now.

Id appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thank you

The good news is that if you transfer all your media across, you won't need to worry about cycling, you already have all the bacteria you need. If memory serves, biorbs use undergravel filtration so just take all the gravel out of the biorb and put it inside your filter.

yes the biorb's use under gravel filtration its encased in a round plastic container, so i presume i crack that open it will have media with it and then just place in my filter and that should be that?

Sorry to ask such silly questions i just want to make sure im doing the right thing :)

Most reactions

Back