Using A Timer On The Aquarium Lighting

any timer will do, Argos do a set of three for £9.00 or digital versions for £10 each.

Ikea do 3 for about a quid!

i prefer the digital ones. If there is a powercut it messes the normal ones up whereas digital has a backup battery built in.
Not the end of the world though :lol:

yes but if you need it to come on and off at a set time like i do as i inject CO2 then it could well be for the tank!

My advice is to buy a GOOD ONE, branded.... cheapo ones are cheap for a reason, and the contacts will soon burn out, or fuse together - I have binned a few of the "segment" types because of this, and now only use digital timers.

Well I can see it both ways. I've had a number of the cheapo clock-dial type timers around the house for various purposes and they've lasted for years and years, faithfully performing their function. On the other hand its true that a battery backup is a nice thing, since short powerouts will get the clock off on the mechanical ones. But it just didn't seem a big enough deal and I'm not talking much wattage here, so have not particularly worried about early failure even though I know that mechanically it will come eventually.

cheapo ones are cheap for a reason, and the contacts will soon burn out, or fuse together - I have binned a few of the "segment" types because of this, and now only use digital timers.
lol yes, i hear that one. i tend to buy mine from carboots, usually 50p each. though as yet, after 18 months, neither has gone phut. but i have two more if it does happen.

oOo might pickone one up myself.

Might i had everyone should be using a good serge protector on all of their important electrical equipment.

Most reactions

Back