Ushaka Marine World - South Africa

Bloo

~ I learn something new ~ ~~~~ every day ~~~~
Reaction score
I recently returned from a fantastic holiday - and amongst the many amazing things I did I saw, went to Ushaka Marine World (Durban - east coast of South Africa). It was absolutely awesome. Here are some of the pics - apologies there are so many, but I just couldn't choose any less from the several hundred taken :S

Ushaka0001.jpg

Ushaka0002.jpg

Ushaka0003.jpg

Ushaka0004.jpg

Ushaka0005.jpg

Ushaka0008.jpg

Ushaka0010.jpg

Ushaka0011.jpg

Ushaka0012.jpg

Ushaka0040.jpg

Ushaka0046.jpg

Ushaka0049.jpg

Ushaka0051.jpg

Ushaka0021.jpg

Ushaka0030.jpg

Ushaka0033.jpg

Ushaka0034.jpg

Ushaka0036.jpg

Ushaka0039.jpg

Ushaka0043.jpg

Ushaka0045.jpg

Those pictures are stunning.

You must have taken hundreds. I love the 10th picture and the group shot of the sharks is scary!

Wow, amazing pictures bloozoo2! The colors of those fish are awesome, especially the 11th one -- very cool. The shark group picture would make a great desktop picture too. B)

Great photos Bloozoo...

Look like a huge aquariums.. which is good to see. They must have really used the inch per gallon rule well.

Squid

that group of sharks look like there saying 'you take photos of us then you better prepare for the consequences' :lol: :lol:

Wow, can't belive how good it looks :drool: We haven't been there since 1998. We are from South Africa and have been quite a few times. When we were last there, they were renovating it, looks great :D ;) We especially love the dolphin pics. They are such awsome creatures. Where else did you go in SA? :)

Your pictures are really quite amazing!- Are you a proffesional photgrapher because those are the types you see on magazines.
Those fish are really quite amazing- The one witht he long 'snout' like think is weird!,
Jamea

Awesome pics! :thumbs:

What kind of sharks are those?
Uhm I don't have a clue sorry :*) But if anyone does, I'd love to know too !

Wow, can't belive how good it looks :drool: We haven't been there since 1998. We are from South Africa and have been quite a few times. When we were last there, they were renovating it, looks great :D ;) We especially love the dolphin pics. They are such awsome creatures. Where else did you go in SA? :)

Thanks :D I'm actually a Dubs girl - longterm and indefinitely living in the UK - just going back on yearly visits now. This time we only spent a week in Durban and then did a 2 week safari in Namibia and Botswana (pics of that still to come in another thread).

Your pictures are really quite amazing!- Are you a proffesional photgrapher because those are the types you see on magazines.
Those fish are really quite amazing- The one witht he long 'snout' like think is weird!,
Jamea
touched.gif
that very kind of you to think so - but really it's the camera's abilities. Those were all more or less "point and shoot" pics (albeit with good lenses / flash etc.).

Thanks everyone else for your lovely comments too :thumbs:

[Thanks :D I'm actually a Dubs girl - longterm and indefinitely living in the UK - just going back on yearly visits now. This time we only spent a week in Durban and then did a 2 week safari in Namibia and Botswana (pics of that still to come in another thread).

We are from JHB. How long have you been in the UK? :) Aren't the pics of the sharks bull sharks? :unsure: I'm not 100% sure, but they do look like them. :)

wow great pictures!! i like the one with all the sharks but its k9nda scary

Most reactions

Back