Used 29g need advice

First...Your quite welcome :)  :)  :)

I would say a few syno. petricola would do nicely or maybe a bushynose.

Just keep in mind to add one cave for each pleco or cat you get...in addition to what you provide for the fish.

As for a permanent home...I think it would be alright.

Larry

i know it's not the best as far as size,but i have to do it this way til i get some extra $$,or a house.
i can tell by your reply that you didn't like the idea of the 29g being permanent :blush: but if it doesn't work(aggression)then i'll make some arrangements,believe me if it becomes dangerous for the fish you can bet i'll do the right thing.
i just really love these fish.
again thanx for the input/help.

sam

Sam,
I would like to apologize to you if my replys in anyway appeared to say "wrong size tank".

I, in no way think this tank is to small to house the fish you have selected. I for one fully understand the situation of having to house fish in a tank that may seem not quite right.

I have had to do the same thing many times over for one reason or another. In fact I have had to house fish in tanks that were actually to small for them until such time as I could get them into larger digs.

The tank you are setting up can and will be a very nice tank I am sure.

I am also overwhelmed that you would choose to keep the fish I recommended. It is a very humbling compliment to think that one is willing to give up certain fish at anothers suggestion.

Larry

I would like to apologize to you if my replys in anyway appeared to say "wrong size tank".

no sir-no need to apologize,i was just feeling a lil guilty,i guess.

I am also overwhelmed that you would choose to keep the fish I recommended. It is a very humbling compliment to think that one is willing to give up certain fish at anothers suggestion
well aren't you the cichlidmaster? :p
actually i have visited this site a few times before i started posting and feel pretty confident taking your advice.also i have some pics and i am pretty uh? dumb when it comes to posting pics can ya help a brotha out? :grin:

Ok...now I am humbled :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Posting pics HUH!!!

When you click on reply you will see the code buttons above this post box...see it???

You can first enter text if you want or not...it's up to you lol.

Click on the Image button and a address bar will open in the upper left corner...see that??

Type the url of the pic in the bar or if your lazy (like me) you may be able to copy and paste it.

Once you have entered the addy...click ok then preview post.

If it worked you will see any text you wrote and the pic.

I hope I didn't leave anything out. I just figured out how to post pics myself so if anyone can advise better...please do.

Larry

just thought i'd update this thread.
after work yesterday i picked up a peckoltia arenaria(clown pleco)they were all out of bushy nose,and also i got a syno eupterus(featherfin)this one i'm not to happy w/coz i had them before and the juvie color patterns are so much better than the adults,but they were all out of the petricola cats and the decorus so i settled for this one.i def want a cuckoo cat :blush: but i cought the lfs on an off day. oh well guess i'll have to go back friday ;)

Most reactions

Back