Urgent Question

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

haleem8777

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I come home, to find that some guy who has brought fish of me before has given me an angelfish.Its body is the size of a £2 coin.
So i have some julii cory and cardinal tetra which range from 2-3 cm. will  the angelfish eat the tetra?

While where here can i keep keyhole cichlid or apistogramma with cardinal tetra?

Angels are variable beasts. They can be fine with cardinals and cories, I've kept them together with no trouble before. Keyholes should be fine, although they can be a bit timid if the angel is on the more boisterous side. You'll have to wait and see for that.

I think the angelfish is going to go, and the keyhole cichlid grow to big so i think i will keep a pair of apistogramma with the cardinal tetra.
At the moment it is a 100 litres with 5 cardinal and 4 julii cory i am going to up the numbers. so will the apistogramma be fine in the tank?

At 100 litres you're very wise to get rid of the angel.

Apistos should be fine in that mix. Occasionally they can pick on cories, but generally they're ok.

Should deffo up te numbers of the corys seem so much more active when in bigger numbers

So i guess i will be getting the apistogramma, i really hope they dont bully the corys

Generally they're fine, as with any cichlid though, it'll depend on the individual.

Lovely fish, I find the flame variants more aggressive, but that may be the ones I've had.

I was thinking instead of the 2 apistogramma could i have 3 or 4 honey gourami (1 male the rest female)

Ahhh now the dwarf gourami's, of all descriptions, are a weak spot of mine, I have very little experience of any of them, so will await a more educated responder.

Most reactions

Back