Urgent help!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Eleanor

Reaction score
Hi was just wondering if anyone would be able to answer some questions for me quickly,
I had to remove a platy from the tank with the rest as it was attacking one other fish,does it need another one in with it and if so will it be okay being imtroduced to a new fish or not.
I currently only have 4 danios but was told I need 5 so would it Ben okay if I just get one more or would I need 2 or something so it's not alone?
Lastlily, I currently have 3 plates and 4 danios how many litres would they need (tank wise) as I'm currently getting a new one)
Thanks

1. The platy will do fine if it's introduced with other fish unless you have fish that you keep are aggressive. While platies are not a shoaling species, they display better with other platies.

2. What danio species are you keeping?

3. What is your GH?

Last edited:
1. The platy will do fine if it's introduced with other fish unless you have fish that you keep are aggressive. While platies are not a shoaling species, they display better with other platies.

3. What is your GH?
I am keeping zebra danios Andy I'm not sure on the GH,the place bought the, we're useless so now I've realized,I'm getting everything sorted and right.

3. What is your GH?
Also the platy I removed was only being aggressive to one fish,none others is it okay to introduce a new one or would this not be a good idea

I am keeping zebra danios Andy I'm not sure on the GH,the place bought the, we're useless so now I've realized,I'm getting everything sorted and right.
You can either get a GH test kit or you can look at the website at your local water providers.

76-110 liters, but before you can fish in, you need to know your GH.
Okay thanks so much, would the danios need 1 introducing or should I introduce more then one, and should I get a female or male,I currently have one female and three males

To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

There is a calculator/ converter in the "FishForum.net Calculator" under "Useful Links" at the bottom of this page that will let you convert litres to gallons if you need it.

Most reactions

Back