Urgent Help Needed Please

carney

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hiya
im desperate for some help please. a week ago i cleaned my 55 gallon fish tank and the water turned a little cloudy and then settled as per normal, however thsi time i have floating particles in teh water that i cannot get rid of, ive asked my local shop and they cant underastand it. i have 2 fluval filters and undergravel too

any ideas please?
teh bits look like sediment form the gravel, but surely teh filer should take care of it shoudlnt it?

It's just particles from the gravel, not urgent, no big deal. Since they float, the filter probably won't get them. You could probably just scoop them off the top of the water with a net.

hi, thanks, ive tried that but teh partcles are very small, almost looks like fluff???, some very tiny

my guess is a small algae bloom casued by too much ammonia from the cleaning. crud most likely got all stirred up in the cleaning process and caused a small ammonia spike. it'll sort itself out. cut back on feeding for a week. like every other day. see if that helps. also test for ammonia and nitrites and do a water change if necessary.
cheers.

Cut back on feeding do a really thorough gravel vac with a weekly water change. you can also add 'polishing pads' to your filter. they are very fine filter pads that will take out even the smallest particles.

Most reactions

Back