Urgent Help In Identifying And Treating A Parasite(i Suppose)

karti1986

Reaction score
I'm in dire situation something is latching on to all my rainbows. Googling did not help me.

My tank is a 90 Gallon one and its 2 years old and I have close to 4 years of fish keeping experience. I had brought few Guppies from my LFS, I had noticed these tentacles grown out of its side gills, found it odd and isolated into a bowl.

Later found it on my favorite Rainbow, now post a week I see it growing out of all my rainbows.

Attaching the pics, please help me out here

IMG_20180504_111012.jpg
IMG_20180504_111056.jpg
IMG_20180504_111058.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20180427-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20180427-WA0004.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 142
anchor worm.

add 1 heaped tablespoon of rock salt, sea salt or swimming pool salt to the tank and keep the salt level like this for 2 to 4 weeks. If the anchor worms have not dropped off or died in a few days add another headped tablespoon of salt to the tank so there are 2 heaped tablespoons of salt per 20 litres.

To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

----------------------------
Do not us any medications with Trichlorphon (aka dipterex) because it will kill the rainbows. Salt will work and is much safer than any medication from the shop. Praziquantel might also work but try salt first.

anchor worm.

add 1 heaped tablespoon of rock salt, sea salt or swimming pool salt to the tank and keep the salt level like this for 2 to 4 weeks. If the anchor worms have not dropped off or died in a few days add another headped tablespoon of salt to the tank so there are 2 heaped tablespoons of salt per 20 litres.

To work out the volume of water in the tank:
measure length x width x height in cm.
divide by 1000.
= volume in litres.

When you measure the height, measure from the top of the substrate to the top of the water level.

----------------------------
Do not us any medications with Trichlorphon (aka dipterex) because it will kill the rainbows. Salt will work and is much safer than any medication from the shop. Praziquantel might also work but try salt first.

Thanks a bunch Colin

Most reactions

Back