Update {{pics}}

Bettas like 77 or 78F I've noticed, and I highly doubt your house temp is that high or else you would be sweating at the computer right now. 5 gallons is the minimum to keep a healthy flourishing Betta. And ofcourse with a filter and heater.

A lot of people say 1gal is the minimum. Also, they don't need a filter, and most people prefer not to use one as the betta doesn't like water movement. One fish does not produce a lot of waste, therefore they do not need a filter if you do regular water changes.

5 gal is not the minimum 1 gal is and if you look at the photo's the label on the containers says 5.7lts which is a gallon!

some Bettas actually thrive better in smaller containers.

yes heaters are better to use but as long as the fish is happy and healthy is this really the most important factor!

Esfa is right about the filter I have one in each of my tanks however one is permenantly turned off as other wise he just sits in the corner of his tank is he cannot cope swimming with current in his water.

This thread was only for someone to show people her fish and as per usual on this forum people have jumped down the OP's throat!

come on now its not really worth startin to abuse each other lol (it doesnt help the fish now does it) 5gal as a minimum tank size for a betta seems large to me but it is a matter of opinion and thats what most of the posts are on here opinions
scot :good:

You guys sound like fish store employees. A filter does more than just remove fish waste. A 1 gallon container is not enough to keep a healthy flourishing Betta, you can't argue about that. You guys are supporting the trend of keeping Bettas in small containers and now you try to justify that its correct. Frequent water changes will stress a Betta, especially 100% changes. The life expectancy of your Betta will change your opinion about this, as I've seen many Bettas live over 4 years. There is no evidence of Bettas thriving more in smal containers than in bigger tanks, that is an absurd statement. A Betta will live in a unfiltered 1 gallon jar but will die prematurely and will be more prone to diseases and health issues because of his stressful environment. He may look happy to you in his 1 gallon because he is colorful and swims and he may readily accept foods but the truth is he swims up and down and everywhere because he is bored and doesnt have enough space. He readily accepts foods because it is the highlight of his day. If you love Bettas and all fish for that matter give them the amount of space and proper equipment for them to live happy and healthy and live there life to the fullest.

Hi
Can the op kindly resize the pics......took about 3 mins+ to get the page loaded.

You would probably get more people coming in, but i expect they get fed up waiting.

The minimum tank size(for some) is 1 GALLON!. I follow that rule stricly and all my bettas are in 1+ gallons. The tubaware containers are 1.5 gallons and they are perfect for thembecause there long and more swimming space. I'd say its an upgrade from the tiny cups that there in at the store.
im new. but are you for real?. this must be a joke thread surely?. you keep bettas in food pots!?. im quessing if for real. you are not in the uk?. if you are, give me your address and i,ll get onto the rspca.

Personally if all of the tanks are over 1 gallon, and the water is frequently changed, and temp doesnt drop too low its fine (as im sure others will agree). So i don't think everyone except a few should be writing these hurtful things RUSSELL :angry:

They all look really healthy and i especially like Aquarius's colouring, very nice :good:

One thing i would suggest though is getting a heater for each tank for the winter months as the temp will be unstable. :good:

i think that everyone who knows diddly-squat about bettas should keep their opinions to their selves as they are talking crap. :good:

Lovely bettas, but i think that the 1gal tubs could have a bit more in. maybe a few fake plants, sand substrate... :good:

a normal in tank heater may not be feasable for the majority of those containers, but it would be worth looking into reptile heating mats, you can get them in many different shapes and sizes and just stand the tanks on top of them :good: job done

Your bettas look nice :D
I don't think the tubs are that goos though, I must admit, sorry. The larger tank and bowl looks much better, and they look as if they have enough room :good:
As long as the water is clean and they are warm enough I think they'll be fine. I don't think people should be so critical all the time!

The minimum tank size(for some) is 1 GALLON!. I follow that rule stricly and all my bettas are in 1+ gallons. The tubaware containers are 1.5 gallons and they are perfect for thembecause there long and more swimming space. I'd say its an upgrade from the tiny cups that there in at the store.
im new. but are you for real?. this must be a joke thread surely?. you keep bettas in food pots!?. im quessing if for real. you are not in the uk?. if you are, give me your address and i,ll get onto the rspca.

Get ur head out of your butt. There is no reason why a betta cant have 1 gallon. The tubbaware containers are perfect. Why does it matter that there kept in food pots. Its not like there was food in there.

Good God people. Stop being such childish little know-it-alls.

I think all your fish are lovely. Just be sure you're keeping up with the water changes with aged water that's at the same temperature and you shouldn't have to worry about any stressed fish. I agree that having some form of a heater system would be nice. It's getting warmer now, but even with that, I turn on my air conditioning and fans, so that alters water temps. Just get some of those inexpensive little 25w guys that are pre-set. They're very inexpensive and they'll keep the temperature from fluctuating, which is probably the biggest problem. Otherwise, you're fine!

Beautiful fish!! I personally think those sizes are fine. The clear tupperware containers make great tanks (I think!) especially since they are much longer than actual tanks of the same volume, giving the fish more horizontal swimming space.

I just had to comment about the remark about house temperature--I dont know how to quote it though lol. Someone said that if they highly doubt the house was kept at 77-78 degrees. I know this obviously isn't the case for all, but my house actually is. My parents are strange and like to keep the heat on around 78--don't ask me why! So I don't need heaters--my fish tanks actually stay around 79-80 easily with no heaters. I just didn't like the assumption that it was absurd to think someone might not actually need a heater because it can be done. Even our 75 gallon stays at a steady 78 degrees yearround with no heater at all. Just my two cents :).

:hyper: where I live shops have bettas in and within days they are tatty or have disease!! I try not to (as it encourages shops to buy more fish!) but sometimes, no lots of times, I buy sick fish and attempt to get them better. I have about 12 fish at the moment housed in stackable plastic containers. Every alternate tank has a heater so the tanks are warm. My fish are thriving, bubble nesters and are in small unfiltered tanks. If I were a betta and looked as happy and healthy as those in the photos above I would be content!
Please dont jump down peoples folks! :good: :good:

Personally, I think your bettas are lovely. I see nothing wrong with your ethics of keeping bettas. Some people here are just very judgemental. I like your idea of tupperware containers. I just may have to steal that.

Also, heating is an important key. Personally, when I don't have heaters, I put a strong lamp over it. Keeps it at a nice warm temperature.

Also, I see some of your bettas have bubblenests. I believe that normally means they are happy.

Most reactions

Back