Update:boiling Tank Decor

Squishiebabe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
update: K I think that i wrecked it cuz the paint is peeling off a few parts...is it still okay to use???

Just wondering how long I would boil a tank decoration that used to be in a lizard terrarium (Its actually for the aquarium, but we just used it for the lizard) and is boiling it and giving a good scrub enough to 'sanitize' it for my tank use?

I would use a 1 to 10 delution on clorox in the tank to really clean it nice and good. Just make sure you rinse rinse and rinse. Once you are done with that...rinse it again. Fill it up and use 4 times the amount of declor in it.

I'm not using the tank lol, I already have an established tank, I just wanted to know how long I had to boil this decoration before i can use it in my tank. I've boiled it for over 45mins so far..

well, its kinda soft and some parts are flaking off a bit...as its cooling its getting better though...someone please help??

45 minutes is going way overboard. i boiled my terra cotta pots for 15 minutes each, same with rocks. if it's a polyresin ornament, i wouldn't put it in the tank after some of the paint has flaked off.

Most reactions

Back