Unknown Goldfish Breed

naomi181

Reaction score
White_Goldfish.jpg
Please can someone tell me what breed my goldfish is? I have looked at many sites on the internet and can't find a breed description that matches or a picture which is similar. It also seems to be growing small bubbles on the top of its eyes. Is this a dissease because I know it can't be a bubble eye goldfish because it has a dorasel fin. It seems very healthy apart from it is growing slower than my other goldfish which is a black moor.

It looks like a little white telescope to me. Any chance of another pic so we can get a look at those bubbles you're talking about?

I haven't got a pic of the bubbles at the moment but will try and take one. They are growing symetricly on the top of both eyes and are a clear white kind of colour.

Bubbles.jpg
This is the best picture i can take although it doesn't show them very clearly. They don't look very prominant in the photo, but they are quite noticeable in the tank.

Hmmmm, I still can't really see them. But if he was a bubble eye they'd be forming under his eyes anyway. After seeing his little arched back I think he's a demekin, a cross between a telescope and a ryukin :)

The bubbles are a mystery though, any chance it's the beginning of a wen?

Image1.jpg
I think you are right about it being a cross breed becuase it looks like a telescope eye but i thought they have paired anal fins and my goldfish only has one. I'v tried to highlight where the bubbles are in this picture if that is any help!

looks like a white moor,

or if there is a little black on him

he might be a panda moor

Do you think they are bubbles or maybe just his telescopes growing? My moore looks like he has puffy eyes, but it's just the way they developed

IMG_1259.jpg

I think that your fish is going to be a looker when it gets a little bigger :)

Thats a white blackmoor. They also come in gold colour. Not sure about the bubbles though????

Thankyou for all being so helpful. I think i might just have to wait untill the goldfish grows to full size before I know what the eye bubbles are. They probably are a result of its eyes growing, just it seems strange that they have grown so evenly on both sides and are so prominant.
When i bought the goldfish it was in a tank full of blackmoors which makes it seem likely that it is a white blackmoor. It also has little patches of black on it.
My friend said it was the ugliest goldfish she had ever seen after I sent her these pictures of it!
new.jpg
new1.jpg

He's not ugly....maybe a bit of an ugly duckling :rolleyes:

I think panda moore or demekin is what he is, and I also still think he has a lot of potential to be a beauty...he just needs to grow into those eyes!!

take a look at the pompom. Its a type of fantail that has these weird pompom type growths growing from the nose.

lot of different parentage.

Most reactions

Back