Unknown Fish Please Help

phat01

Reaction score
hi all

this is an odd ball fish but im not sure what species it is and not sure if i posted this in the right place heres a pick of it

P1000519.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm132/phatphil_82/P1000519.jpg

hope someone is able to assist in putting a name to it as its a right odd fish and i was just given it by someone or it was going to be flushed its about 2 inches long and live in the corner of my tank and occasionally visits the surface

many thanks

Phil

hi all

this is an odd ball fish but im not sure what species it is and not sure if i posted this in the right place heres a pick of it

P1000519.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm132/phatphil_82/P1000519.jpg

hope someone is able to assist in putting a name to it as its a right odd fish and i was just given it by someone or it was going to be flushed its about 2 inches long and live in the corner of my tank and occasionally visits the surface

many thanks

Phil

thats an albino Cory

Looks like an albino Bronze Cory catfish, but see what others say.

Yes, is an albino Corydoras, though both Corydoras paleatus and Corydoras aeneus are sold as such. Both prefer coolish water, 22-24 C/72-75 F, and as such would be good companions for neons, danios, platies, and other low-end tropical fish.

But look at those poor whiskers! Or rather, look at where its whiskers should be! Please, that sad little chap needs a smooth silica sand substrate; the gravel has damaged the whiskers, allowing bacterial infections to erode the whiskers down to mere stumps.

Cheers, Neale

ok will change it to a softer bed. didnt know anything about it but now i do will change accordingly. off chance will the whiskers grow back and is there anything else i need to do and what does it eat?

Whisker will grow back very quickly! So no long-term harm done there.

Corydoras eat almost anything they can get into their mouths, but a good staple diet would include Hikari algae wafers (or similar) together with sinking catfish pellets. Wet-frozen bloodworms make a welcome treat.

Cheers, Neale

ok will change it to a softer bed. didnt know anything about it but now i do will change accordingly. off chance will the whiskers grow back and is there anything else i need to do and what does it eat?

thats a relief about the wiskers i hate causing damage to animals luv em to much. as for the food i got the pellets already as i have got 2 upside down cranky catfish in there aswell

Whisker will grow back very quickly! So no long-term harm done there.

Corydoras eat almost anything they can get into their mouths, but a good staple diet would include Hikari algae wafers (or similar) together with sinking catfish pellets. Wet-frozen bloodworms make a welcome treat.

Cheers, Neale

Synodontis nigriventris are lovely fish! Do try keeping at least three -- they're quite gregarious.

Cheers, Neale

thats a relief about the wiskers i hate causing damage to animals luv em to much. as for the food i got the pellets already as i have got 2 upside down cranky catfish in there aswell

Most reactions

Back