Un-level Concrete Floor Will Using Camping Mat Under Cabinet Help ?

Hello,

I think that you will probably be OK with this.. You are spreading the load..

If there is going to be any movement then you'll see it fairly quickly.

Good luck!

Bodge99.

you seem to have that one in hand, is it me or when you look at the chipwood cabinets with the doors open does it make you wonder how they support the weight? they do of course and i've never had one go on me....yet

if you are handy with wood work i would suggest you ditch that stand and build your own....i will attach a picture of a stand i built just a month ago for my 100 gallon....my concrete floor was unlevel just like yours, so i have compensated for that by making the legs of the stand slightly different lengths, so the top of the stand and tank are completely level....and believe me, this stand is ALOT stronger than any stand you will buy in a store....View attachment 68577
That stand is absolutely fab, I wish you lived here I would pay you to make something like that for me.

if you are handy with wood work i would suggest you ditch that stand and build your own....i will attach a picture of a stand i built just a month ago for my 100 gallon....my concrete floor was unlevel just like yours, so i have compensated for that by making the legs of the stand slightly different lengths, so the top of the stand and tank are completely level....and believe me, this stand is ALOT stronger than any stand you will buy in a store....View attachment 68577
That stand is absolutely fab, I wish you lived here I would pay you to make something like that for me.

lol....thanks!.....i have made many of them! :)

nice effort leveling the stand.. looks like you have carpet one thing to bear in mind is that along the edges of the carpet (where it meets the wall) there is a strip of wood with nails in it that the carpet attaches to as a means of securing it. If you put the tank on this then the back part of the tank is supported by the wood and the front part of the tank is only supported by the carpet underlay. The tank therefore pitches forward unevenly because the wood is hard and the underlay is soft. The fix is to try and space it out from the wall a little bit more.

Most reactions

Back