UGLY

Blood Parrots, Stonefish and Chaca chaca aka Frogmouth Catfish. The weirdest thing is, I want to get a 20 g long for a pair of Chaca chaca and I want to get a Monster Fish aswell (sp. of stonefish)

Socrates said:
* Throws giant piranna at betta haters!* :grr: I :wub: my betta! I bet my betta could beat up your fishies j/k lol I really don't like those big eyed or big brained goldfish! I saw a pleco (one of my favorite fishies) get killed by those evil goldies... :-( they should all be banned to live with children two and under! :rofl:

I think those poor little see thru tetras (not sure what they're called I forgot) with the streaks of neon colors going down the length of their bodies are extremely unattractive,not to mention painfully sad. :sad: I believe that is done with the insertion of a needle? :dunno:

maybe the fish think YOU'RE ugly

how can a human being say that a fish is ugly?...you can say that another human is ugly because you are a human...so I guess what I'm trying to say is that fish and ONLY fish can consider other species of fish ugly

They're all beautiful to me :D

Socrates said:
how in the hell are bettas in any way ugly?? seriously, thats one of the dumbest things ive heard..or maybe you were just saying this to get a rise outta the betta people..either way its so not true, I think they are the most beautiful fish and im sure plenty of people would agree. they are one of the most widely colored fish with beautiful flowing fins, how is that ugly??

the only fish i would say is ugly are pirannas and plecos

bittersweet said:
Socrates said:
how in the hell are bettas in any way ugly?? seriously, thats one of the dumbest things ive heard..or maybe you were just saying this to get a rise outta the betta people..either way its so not true, I think they are the most beautiful fish and im sure plenty of people would agree. they are one of the most widely colored fish with beautiful flowing fins, how is that ugly??

Whoa whoa, a little over the top there, we're not here to criticize people, just all of the ugly fish out there. :)

I would have to say All artificially created fish, such as: Blood parrots, Flowerhorns, Glofish™, Dyed Glass fish, "Butterfly discus" And all other artificially dyed/bred fish out there.
all natural fish are fine by me. :)

i dont think i was over the top at all, for someone to just say "bettas" when this post asks what do you think the ugliest fish is, is absurd IMO..so I am voicing my opinion just as the person who said it was ugly did

uh uh uh.....socrates has his/her/it to express hi/her/it's oppinion...so wut? agree or not i dont give...and u know wut..i dont like bettas also (ugly for me)(but got beatiful fins)

.....either u luv em or u hate em

Kev

bittersweet said:
Socrates said:

So you are the arbiter of all things SUBJECVTIVE?

You get to decide what is and isn't beautiful and then tell others that that is how they must feel about it?

What an insane notion.

Beauty is, in fact, cliche aside, in the eye of the beholder. I find Bettas to be wholly icky to look at. OTher people like them, but my opinion of them isn't up for a vote. It's also not up for the whim of a bully (you). You don't have to like my opinion or agree, but this isn't a logic problem, so you don't get to grade the test.

Thanks for your time.

Love, Dumbo :rolleyes:

bittersweet, I know it is a shock for those of us so in love with bettas, but I know many people that find them to be very, very ugly fish.

As for me, Dojo Loaches make me wanna puke. :sick:

:D :D hey!!
theres lots of beings that inhabit this planet ( finned furred winged & human) that have faces that 'only a mother could love'
thats what makes life so interesting dont you think?????

i have to say though i hate 'snakey' looking fish (like some of the loaches)only cos im terrified of snakes. i can still see why people think theyre beautiful - but theyre not for me in our tank! :)

Most reactions

Back