Two Different Meds...need Answer Fast...

CaraC

Reaction score
I have a 29g tank.
with several gouramis 3 burmese borders 2 yo-yos and 6 dojos.
I am treating my burmese borders for the "wasting disease" and this is my second treatment with levasmole. However yesterday i noticed one of my gouramis has an open sore near his mouth and eye about 1mm long and wide. He can eat and swims good. no change in attitude or any stress.
I have on hand some melofix and wanted to know if both treatments can be mixed?
0 amm
0 nitrites
10 nitrates

temp is around 74. ( i keep it on cooler side for dojos.)
PH is usually around 8 (didnt check it today)

I have an Extra 10g, but absolutely no room. I already have 5g, 10g, 20g, 29g, 85g, and 65g. :(I suffer from MTS!!

What are the names of the companies who make the product?

If the products do not state that you can combine the two medications then I would not combine them. You could also call the company and ask them your self if you could combine the two.

Yes you can mix Melafix with other meds. If you can isolate the Gouramis with the open sore and treat with a bacterial med.

Yes you can mix Melafix with other meds. If you can isolate the Gouramis with the open sore and treat with a bacterial med.

I was going to last night and changed mind. I smelled the melofix and smelled nothing but menthol. Id rather treat the gourami in my hospital tank. trying to e-mail these places are nuts. Never return calls or e-mails. I e-mailed API almost 2 weeks ago and still havent got answer back. Ill try to make room for hospital tank if i have to keep him on floor...But thanks guys. I just want to be safe. Lavimosole is actually pig wormers (so obviously no directions for fish). Melofix is the lightest treatment next to pimafix so i was just wondering. I thought someone would know with 100% certanity.

Most reactions

Back