Need advice...

Lol, if you guys lived closer, I would sell it to you for cheap! (Maybe even give it to you if you guys really need it)

Anyone, anyone at all have thoughts on all the questions I asked in post #1?

If the 20 long isn't suitable for the kinds of fish you want to keep and is just housing the lone zebra danio, better to rehome the danio and sell the tank now rather than move it, put whatever you get for it into the fund.

Can't be any help with the other questions.
Trouble with buying a stand before you move is that its best to measure the space you have for tanks before you buy the stand and tank. If you buy one to house both tanks now, then find you have an oddly shaped room when you get there and that it won't work... it could be a problem. Can you take the current bench thing with you for now to set the tanks up temporarily, then look at getting a replacement stand second hand when you're there?

Ok, so the 20g long is going to be sold before the move. :good:

Can you take the current bench thing with you for now to set the tanks up temporarily, then look at getting a replacement stand second hand when you're there?
Definitely not, it’s built into the wall... I know I will have room for my 29g tank, as least. All the rooms we have looked at on Zillow, have been either rectangular or square. My desk is a must in my room as well, and that’s where my 10g and 5g will go.

The guy on Craigslist still hasn’t got back to me yet... maybe he forgot. :dunno:

@Crispii, what were the models/brands of RO machines you were speaking of?

Guess I don’t understand exactly how it works, but I’ll do research.

I emailed the guy, and he said “No, check back next week”. So... I may have to make my own after all. :blink:

Keep the 20g tank. I doubt you can sell it for much and who knows, you may find a need for it such as using it for a sump.

I wish I could give you an commercial grade file cabinet I have in my garage, its just in the way. These are 30"x15"x28" which would hold a 29 gallon tank.

Try Goodwill type stores.

Kitchen cabinets may be a viable option, a long run against one wall with worktop on it, you could even leave a gap to fit a chair so you have desk space too.
The carcasses can usually be gotten cheap/gratis when someone upgrades their kitchen.

You aren’t going to get much for the 20 so just take it with you.

Most reactions

Back