Tubifex Worms For My Corys

Crossfc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought some freeze dried tubifex worms for my corys but I'm having trouble keeping it on the bottom of the tank. The smush against glass method only works for a few seconds. The silly corys go bonkers for them but int he process knock it off the glass and it comes floating up! I'm sure you veterans have a better method or contraption that'll keep those worms on the bottom! Some help? :)

Hi Crossfc :)

You're right, there is an easier way to get the freeze dried worms down to the corys. Just take a cube, or whatever part of one you think will be enough, and hold under the surface of the water for just a little while. Squeeze it and rub it lightly between your fingers. It will soon become saturated and the worms will separate. They will then float freely. Your top feeders will eat them too but some will settle down to the corys on the bottom.

My gold laser cory's come to the surface for tubiflex worms, they are the only ones though.

I soak them for a while in an egg cup of tank water until they're hydrated and then feed, they don't float on the surface and I'm sure it must be better for digestion too.

I soak them for a while in an egg cup of tank water until they're hydrated and then feed, they don't float on the surface and I'm sure it must be better for digestion too.
+1

Most reactions

Back